NEED help from an enclosure designing wizard!

I’d like to tune it quite a bit lower around 26, I’m not sure how much I’ll lose after that but at this point it’ll be trial and error lol.
You don't tune 4th orders that low. Tuning below 40hz kills the upper range and you'll only be able to play up to 55-60hz. If you want it to play low give good sized sealed side and tune the ported side 40-43hz with lots of opening. 2cf sealed per sub makes for 8 sealed 24 ported. That's a ton of space, make sure you have enough room.

You don't tune 4th orders that low. Tuning below 40hz kills the upper range and you'll only be able to play up to 55-60hz. If you want it to play low give good sized sealed side and tune the ported side 40-43hz with lots of opening. 2cf sealed per sub makes for 8 sealed 24 ported. That's a ton of space, make sure you have enough room.
Thank you sir!

I would mount the subs stacked 2 high at 45degree angles in the back corners of the box. In the front of the box have an opening cut out and use different length pre made port inserts that bolt in so you can swap out different port tunes. When you get it dialed in you could even have a daily port and a spl burp port if you ever took it to a show.

Windy?.. Heck, even a mid 30's tune should get windy with 4 15's on 12k. Gonna try the 4th?

Or a basic flat wall... I tried to come up with something that'll do ok and should get pretty low.

lR3PbC.jpg

21.5 ft3 gross... 15.8 ft3 net... 280in2 ported to 34hz. Lol... as you see it's all drawn-up, it just needs to be dimensioned. I guess I just was needing a project last night... lol... figuring out all the displacements musta taken me 45 minutes. And Sketchup is kinda new to me, until a month ago I was a pencil and paper guy exclusively... lol... Looks pretty ok to me but... OP... the enclosure is pretty tall... will it go into the thru a door or hatch or is it gonna be done in car?.. I can adjust the way it goes together so it'll be a little easier to assemble in car if that's the likely route.

If your goin in the car assembled, best avoid MDF as this thing will probably end up weighing over 350 pounds too.

You must have a crew to help getting this into the vehicle... all double walled, 4 baffles, 40" tall 45's and a allthread in the center of the baffle (I used a 1.5" dowel, but the hardware would look cool AF.

This looks like it'll do pretty well, just be sure to seal the cabin off as best you can from the cargo area

Last edited by a moderator:
21.5 ft3 gross... 15.8 ft3 net... 260in2 ported to 33.5hz. Lol... as you see it's all drawn-up, it just needs to be dimensioned. I guess I just was needing a project last night... lol... figuring out all the displacements musta taken me 45 minutes. And Sketchup is kinda new to me, until a month ago I was a pencil and paper guy exclusively... lol... Looks pretty ok to me but... OP... the enclosure is pretty tall... will it go into the thru a door or hatch or is it gonna be done in car?.. I can adjust the way it goes together so it'll be a little easier to assemble in car if that's the likely route.If your goin in the car assembled, best avoid MDF as this thing will probably end up weighing over 350 pounds too.

You must have a crew to help getting this into the vehicle... all double walled, 4 baffles, 40" tall 45's and a allthread in the center of the baffle (I used a 1.5" dowel, but the hardware would look cool AF.

This looks like it'll do pretty well, just be sure to seal the cabin off as best you can from the cargo area

Hey sorry just got in from work! No it looks great! I’ve just put a lot of money into this build so that’s why I was like screw it I’ll do a 4th or 6th to make it extra nice. But I’m digging this. It’ll be going in through the hatch that’s why I measured down the center and measured at the lowest points. This way I could put it together and slide it in. If I used mdf it would probably be upwards of 500 lol the box I have now is about 200 and mdf. Only double baffle and single 3/4 the rest of the way. But it’s massive lol and I actually bought a real shiny and nice 6 1/2 ft galvanized steel post to use as support so it should look real nice that’s why I wanted something that would show that aspect. Such as a 6th order. And yeah once I get this done and in I was planning to cut pieces to fit around and seal off the cabin. Also I am using birch this time around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.