Need help deciding system to choose

Heat21
10+ year member

Right now I have a brand new Hifonics BRZ 2100.1 amp and 2 12' L7s 2006 with a ported box. I'd like to stick with the amp I have but the subs were given to me and I prefer SQ over SPL. Was looking at getting a w7 13.5. Any suggestions of what subs to go with that have good sq but still have decent rms output like the w7? It's going in a 2012 challenger. Thanks

W6's are a good SQ sub and I believe take 1/2 the power of a W7 (Cant count how many people I see use these in SPL comps). Otherwise, Fi makes some nice SQ subs as well.

The W6's run nice off of the JL 500/1 individually and still knock pretty loud. You could always run 2 off of a 1000/1 in a nice box and have some good bass but still have the SQ you want too. You could probably go with Fi subs and save yourself a good chunk of change though lol

Fi q or maybe try an Alpine type x, they are 1000 rms and are built for SQ, just an option

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

ssa icon also

on a 500.1 get some Dayton HO's 10" in a nice ported box or get a couple dcons... Most of the suggested will not benefit from a 500w amplifier. A single 12" or 2 10" will be your best bet for SQ. If you have an SUV just get a 15" Fi Q and throw 1000w to it.

on a 500.1 get some Dayton HO's 10" in a nice ported box or get a couple dcons... Most of the suggested will not benefit from a 500w amplifier. A single 12" or 2 10" will be your best bet for SQ. If you have an SUV just get a 15" Fi Q and throw 1000w to it.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif I AGREE WITH THIS HERE,FOR THAT CAR..A PAIR OF TENS WILL PERFORM FANTASTIC FOR THE AIRSPACE/VEHICLE SPACE YOU ARE DEALING WITH. Daytons for sq,ssa also..just my opinion

Dayton HOs need a tiny box, are 600W RMS each(for the tens), and are good SQ subs. That's my suggestion.

W6s would be good too, and a single W7 would be pretty good too, but I'm still voting for the Daytona for price:performance.

I don't have a 500.1 I have a Hifonics brz2100.1 and price isn't really a problem just want something that will last and bump while still sounding better then the l7s or should I just go with a sealed box for those?

i don't have a 500.1 i have a hifonics brz2100.1 and price isn't really a problem just want something that will last and bump while still sounding better then the l7s or should i just go with a sealed box for those?
ithink ported sounds so much better than sealed in my opinion

So you vote the Fi and ssa icon over the w7? And will they be that much of a difference from the l7s? Any other recommendations for the subs you guys think are the best with that amp?

I don't have a 500.1 I have a Hifonics brz2100.1 and price isn't really a problem just want something that will last and bump while still sounding better then the l7s or should I just go with a sealed box for those?
Really, it's all about what you want to do. If you're solely focused on SQ and want to make a couple bucks, you could sell the L7s and look into some brands that have already been mentioned (SSA, Dayton, etc.). But if you did throw those L7s in a sealed box, you could make them sound really good, and they'd still sustain some of their volume. Personally, I'd probably drop the L7s. But I'm just not a Kicker fan.

i'd look at the ascendant havocs or even the dc lvl 4 subs .they will both take the power you have very easy ,the dc will like a smaller box better tho,and they both will sound very good and loud.

If you want SQ, drop the L7's for sure. Even in a sealed box you will just take away from what you have. Id sell the L7's and amp for a pretty penny and rebuild. The Fi Q's sound very good IMO and for the price point compared to JL, you can go wrong. But the others mention here are all very good competitors too. It's all about what you want to spend really. 10's all the way too!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.