Which subwoofer should I go with

• Two 2ohm Kicker CompR 12s

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participants list

SikNinjaK

CarAudio.com Newbie
So my two kenwood 4ohm kfc-xw120 12s just gave up the ghost and I am trying to decide whether to use two KICKER - CompR 12" Dual-Voice-Coil 2-Ohm Subwoofer in my old bassworx ported box or spend a little more and get a KICKER - Solo-Baric L7S 12" 2-Ohm ported Loaded Subwoofer Enclosure. I’m running a Kenwood 500.1 amp for the time being in my 2008 Honda Civic Si. Or should I get a different amplifier as well? Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

kicker = shit

I’m still basically brand new to in depth car audio, but everything I have found does says kicker is all show no performance at the top of the line but I’m far from that, i think anyways probably wrong though. I was just listing what I can get right now if you guys suggest others what are they?
You should build your own box. There's better woofers for the price you will pay for those.

I’m also working on making a box that’s you know usable so far I haven’t been doing too well. 😓

You should try to find out why your subs died first before replacing them.
How would you go about that if you don’t mind me asking? All I’ve done is test voltage so far it’s all I know how to do really when it comes to audio.

Gonna touch on a few things that have already been mentioned

- Finding the cause is a good idea since if it's user error (using bass boost via remote or headunit, voltage drops due to the honda ELD regulator, clipped signal) then swapping subs is just going to give you the same result

- W6 is a good sub but there's too much competition now a days to justify that price range (W6 in 2021 should be at most a $400 sub). Subs like the Adire Brahma, IDQ/IDmax, dayton ultimax, Incriminator flatlyne, Audiofrog GS/GB........ ect will offer equal to better performance for significantly less money. There's WAY to much competition now a days for JL to be asking what they ask for

- Custom box (either you making it or buying one from a reputable company/individual) is the way to go. Box is a much more significant factor than subwoofer choice (give me an average sub with a highend box then a highend sub with a so-so box)

Gonna touch on a few things that have already been mentioned

- Finding the cause is a good idea since if it's user error (using bass boost via remote or headunit, voltage drops due to the honda ELD regulator, clipped signal) then swapping subs is just going to give you the same result

- W6 is a good sub but there's too much competition now a days to justify that price range (W6 in 2021 should be at most a $400 sub). Subs like the Adire Brahma, IDQ/IDmax, dayton ultimax, Incriminator flatlyne, Audiofrog GS/GB........ ect will offer equal to better performance for significantly less money. There's WAY to much competition now a days for JL to be asking what they ask for

- Custom box (either you making it or buying one from a reputable company/individual) is the way to go. Box is a much more significant factor than subwoofer choice (give me an average sub with a highend box then a highend sub with a so-so box)
I actually just now looked at the new price, wow. I had been looking at the 10s on fleabay, ~$350. 500 new for the 10 is a bit overboard, 700 for the 12s is nutty.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...