Need help choosing a replacement sub

Participant count
  • Participant list
Crutchfield has it's pros though...free install kits with head units. Priced separately you may or may not save a few bucks but more often than not I find it costs the same or less through Crutchfield. That's HU's though. Amps and speakers/subs, yeah, get them somewhere else. They shipped free and fast and have a good return policy too. And they can be very helpful on the phone...I've needed help a couple times and they were great. Try calling Amazon to help you figure why your newly installed HU isn't sending music to the speakers...lol That's all I buy from there though and once you have an install kit for your vehicle then I don't even buy from them, but it seems whenever I get a new car, I get a new HU. I'm shopping for one now for my new Subaru I got today.
yeah some of their mid tier head units are decently or competitively priced with others on the market if you factor in the install gear you get from them. Also crutchfield customer support is top notch.

OP, thats a sweet subaru.

^^ Thanks, she gets the job done //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Some interesting info no how rare these are and even more rare as time goes on.

"Subaru, on the other hand, produced just over 14,000 examples of the 2.5 RS in its 4-year run, including both 4-door and 2-door variants" (98 to 01)

With regards to the amps, I'll first give my friends amp a run and if I need more juice, I'll check out sonic first.

Now the bigger question, for a 500RMS amp running one sa-8 (possibly a E10 if that falls through) can you guys suggest cost affective amps. Obviously mono block, not sure if it needs to be A/B or D. Not really sure what the difference between them are.

Also, I am assuming that a 500RMS amp will not cause any alternator/dimming issues?

Thanks

^^ That amp is def in my budget, bookmarked it just in case. Believe it or not the newer subarus alternators are stronger than the ones that came on cars like mine (15 years old) but for the time being until my new setup is in, I am using a Audio Pipe APPB-12ET with an amp (same friend lent me) running at 300RMS. Pretty narly sub for a prefabbed unit and hits pretty darn low. So I was assuming that bumping up to 500rms on the new setup would not cause issues but was worth asking though.

What year outback? They are cool cars and great for offroading since they have great ground clearance. Subaru is a love hate thing. Most people who drive them love them. Most who don't drive them hate them hahahaha. I am on my third, my wife is on her first.

My GC harkens back to the old subaru rally days. That's when a subaru really looked and drove like a subaru. The newer ones are more tailored for mainstream buyers, not the die hard suby lovers like myself. My wife's 13' impreza is not bad. The 2.0 liter is way underpowerd and paired to the CVT, highway driving and getting up to speed is a real chore. Put 4 people in the car and good luck getting up to speed. Big mistake by subaru but again, that's cause I am a die hard suby lover. The new impreza and crosstrek need the 2.5 period. Would make a world of difference if you ask me.

I hope to keep my GC for many years since it has low miles and the value will only go up due to how rare they are.

I would love a 05-07 legacy gt or a 05-07 forester xt but used they are very expensive and the insurance is def higher.

What I love most though is during bad snow storms our little subarus power through just about anything, while cars that cost triple with supposed AWD get stuck a lights while watching our cars go right by without fuss or muss. My 07 impreza wagon (eaten by Sandy under 5+ feet of turd water) got through an unplowed 14" snow storm like a champ. Such a cool feeling if you ask me.

BTW, I'm in my 40's :p

My XV was a 2014 and you are right...the 2.slow is just a motor that shouldn't even exist let alone with an auto trans. I learned to live with it though. The cargo space was the killer, especially with two kids. We always had an SUV so we got spoiled by the huge cargo area. It's a long story but I went from a 2013 Focus ST, which was awesome, to a 2012 Ram 1500 (wife had an Xterra). I wanted back into a car, she wanted a truck. So, she traded the Xterra on the XV and took the Ram, I got the XV. After nearly a year the lack of space finally got to us so we traded yesterday on a 2012 OB limited 3.6R. It's ugly as the newer OB's are IMO, but it's a nice ride for sure and plenty of power.

The day I got the XV I could have gotten a WRX hatch but decided I was doing the more responsible thing by getting the XV. I regretted it until now because we would have been in the same boat as far as cargo area and it would have been MUCH MUCH harder to trade a WRX than it was to trade the XV. I tend to get a little bit of an emotional attachment to some of my cars.

The WRX is my dream car and some day I'll have one. Probably an older one for reasons that you stated. My dream dream car would be a diesel powered WRX. That would be incredible. Too bad we don't get the diesel option here in the US.

We are way off topic now, hahaha, but I'm good with that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Focus ST, cool car

Okay, me being an honest straight shooter, yes the new iteration OBS's are just damned ugly and huge boats (not meant offensively of course) They do however, do what they do very well. 3.6r, I'm jealous, hahaha. I like the 2005-2007 model better but way much smaller, hence why they turned them into battle wagons.

I hear ya about the wrx and not getting it and yes, I get attached to my cars as well. Life has a way of making one focus on needs over wants!!!

Give me a 22b and I'd he happy for life. Second would another rare suby 2005 to 2007 subary legacy gt wagon. Within 6 months to a year it would be one hell of a car. It would be some sleeper //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Forget the stance life though, not for me. Coilovers would suffice just fine.

If you ever need to talk suby, drop me a PM.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.