Need Help! Amplifier & Speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

xplictmn

Alright, i have a Infinity 475a Amplifier hooked up to Alpine Type-S Speakers SPS-600 and SPS-609. Everything is wired correctly, polarity's are correct, and the speaker and rca cables are not ran with power cables to the trunk. When you have the gain on the amplifier over 1/4 cranked (front or rear), the speakers will flutter and no sound comes out of them when the volume is turned up. Sound does come out of the speakers at low volume. This happens on HPF, FULL, and LPF. I tried all type of frequencies and the speakers still go back and forth wildly when the stereo is turned up. Bass boost is at 0. Remember the amp puts out 75watts per channel and the type-s speakers are 80 and 85 watts. I am so confused, Please help me fix this issue. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

i had almost the same problem with my subs.

It's probably ground wire, your ground either came loose or you need to find a new one.

Check voltage at amp, with car off, and check it at battery, see if it is the same.

It's likely your ground.

Heres a picture of my ground:

ground.jpg

Where do you recommend? What you see there is on that back lip (where the seats rest on) in the trunk. Should i mount it underneath the carpet on the trunk floor?

yeah, that looks to be thin sheet metal...this is by no means scientific or provable but everyone says stick it on the beefiest metal you can.

Try another spot..i assume your amp is in the trunk?

My amp in the trunk is grounded on the trunk latch bolts, I get .001 voltage drop at that amp.

My trunk that is under my pass seat, used to be grounded on the seat mounting bolt with that I got .08 voltage drop, i moved it to a factorygrounding location, and i have .001 drop.

Grounding is a very important aspect in a wiring job.

You said you had this stuff installed by someone? ask them what the crap is up. Or learn how to fix stuff //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif that's the best bet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Let us know what you find.

Where do you recommend? What you see there is on that back lip (where the seats rest on) in the trunk. Should i mount it underneath the carpet on the trunk floor?
cool, your on here...okay, what kind of car do you drive?

Try pulling out the floor in your trunk, to where the spare sit, try grounding under the tire there, or somewhere around there. If you have a drill, you can try drilkling and putting a bolt in.

However, another way to solve this stuff. Is, if you are grounding to body, not chassis, and the battery is grounded to chassis. Simply add a grounding cable from battery to body. Thus creating a second ground loop.

alright, i re-located the ground by the spare tire area. That actually solved my fluttering issue with the amplifier and speakers. Problem is now when the gain is more than 1/4 cranked and my deck volume is at 3/5 cranked, the speakers will start to crackle or pop. Also the ground loop noise is much stronger through the speakers now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.