got a new 250 amp alt..now my cars effed up

tegan14
10+ year member

so, me and a friend installed it. It started up and plays my subs but keeps shutting off my headunit kept shutting down....so we unplugged the subs and now my car wouldn't start so we jumped it....now it takes forever to put my windows down, cannot see the stock clock it's so dim. The abs light came on, my traction light keeps going on and off. What the hell happend?

Did you remember to put the belt back on? lol

It sounds to me like the alternator is not charging. You need to pop the hood and A) Make sure the alternator and all accessories are correctly put back together. B) Make sure the pulley on the alternator is spinning and not locked up C) Fix that ****.

As stated - whered you get the alt from?

Mechman. Yes the pulleys on, I drove with it for like 20 minutes then parked and battery is dead. This is all with no electronics hooked up just the stock stuff

sounds like it isnt charging for sure. check your connections and if all is well with them take it to autozone and have them check your alternator.

Yeah, any major parts store will run free test on your alt and battery. They can also charge your battery so you can at least get back home, even if the alt ain't workin.

well right now on the side of the road waiting to get towed. Jumped my car several times and car only ran like 2 mins until it dies and too far away from home to keep doing that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tegan14

10+ year member
tegan14
South Jersey
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from