This wiring makes sense... no?

NYCkid718
10+ year member

I've searched all over the web and asked everyone who knows about car audio about the different loads you can get from two 4 ohm DVC subs. And the answer is and has been that you can only get a 1 ohm load and a 4 ohm load. I met a guy who told me you can make a 2 ohm load out of that.. He claims that you can wire each sub's voice coils down to get a 2 ohm load per sub and then put one sub into each channel stereo if it's a 2 channel amp... Does this make any sense at all???

So if lets say the amp is a 2 channel amp, rated at 2 x 700 wrms @ 2ohms, and 2x350 wrms @ 4ohm and each channel is taking a 2 ohm load (which this diagram is calling a 4 ohm load 2x2ohms)... How much is each channel putting out????
700 X 2

your best bet is to buy a mono sub amp and wire the subs to 1 ohm...or 4.
agreed

I've searched all over the web and asked everyone who knows about car audio about the different loads you can get from two 4 ohm DVC subs. And the answer is and has been that you can only get a 1 ohm load and a 4 ohm load. I met a guy who told me you can make a 2 ohm load out of that.. He claims that you can wire each sub's voice coils down to get a 2 ohm load per sub and then put one sub into each channel stereo if it's a 2 channel amp... Does this make any sense at all???
not true....you can also get a 16 ohm load

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.