Need help amp under producing

@Big Diego 27 im running zero gauge off of stock electrical

@metalheadjoe yes I checked the output Using my dmm
stock in what? a nissan sentra or honda civic stock is like a 3rd of a fullsize higher trim chevy.
also, what voltage on the dmm? 80? 40?63?22?
and finally, you have 0awg on both power and grounds to the engine, battery, chassis/body and amp to body/chassis?.... or just amp to battery positive?

Full bridge amps aren’t going to produce much power like a good half bridge will, especially if you have a ported box and you’re playing a wide range of frequencies. The full bridge amps I see, usually, are pretty terrible on wide bandwidth power. What people don’t get is that these amps are cheaper for a reason!

Full bridge amps aren’t usually built in a way that helps with impedance changes you see while playing a sub on music. I just really don’t like the way full bridge amps have come out, but it’s the consumer’s fault, honestly. If you want cheap power, then this is what people will get!

I’m not blaming the OP, but if you really wanna be loud, you gotta get the knowledge in of how these different amp boards and circuit layouts work. Full bridges seem to be made to specifically advertise high power for cheap, but people don’t understand that full power on a full bridge might only happen in a very narrow frequency bandwidth.

Full bridge amps seem not to be able to use the power supply as a damping system, which means they’re way more likely to lose control of the woofer. Half bridge amps can pulsate energy back into both the pos and beg terminals, so the amp can help balance its internals by using your electrical system. I’m to a point where I really don’t like subwoofer full bridge amps and what they’re being used for by the manufacturers. It’s just lowering the quality of everyone’s systems across the board 😒

Full bridge amps aren’t going to produce much power like a good half bridge will, especially if you have a ported box and you’re playing a wide range of frequencies. The full bridge amps I see, usually, are pretty terrible on wide bandwidth power. What people don’t get is that these amps are cheaper for a reason!

Full bridge amps aren’t usually built in a way that helps with impedance changes you see while playing a sub on music. I just really don’t like the way full bridge amps have come out, but it’s the consumer’s fault, honestly. If you want cheap power, then this is what people will get!

I’m not blaming the OP, but if you really wanna be loud, you gotta get the knowledge in of how these different amp boards and circuit layouts work. Full bridges seem to be made to specifically advertise high power for cheap, but people don’t understand that full power on a full bridge might only happen in a very narrow frequency bandwidth.

Full bridge amps seem not to be able to use the power supply as a damping system, which means they’re way more likely to lose control of the woofer. Half bridge amps can pulsate energy back into both the pos and beg terminals, so the amp can help balance its internals by using your electrical system. I’m to a point where I really don’t like subwoofer full bridge amps and what they’re being used for by the manufacturers. It’s just lowering the quality of everyone’s systems across the board 😒

Easy on the blanket statements about full bridge amps. My full bridge is a Chinese board with Korean parts on top. And it bangs and get's as low as any Korean does.

I’m seeing 22-24 volts coming out and on a Toyota Corolla I’m on stock electrical only 0 gauge ground and power to amp but I’m reading 13.6vs for input

Details are going to help us figure out what is going on. First, what subwoofers are you running? Second, is that a test tone or are you playing music?

Is your bass boost off? And your RCA signal also impacts this. I have a sfb600 that was clipping at 400w. My head unit only had a 2v preout and I was having to turn the volume up way too much on the head unit to get my amp to produce. I used an eq with built in line converter that is now sending a 6v signal to the amp. I was able to tune to 600w rms very easily at 80% volume from the head unit. Another reason it will clip is you just aren't supplying enough voltage to the amp, you may be carrying the correct volts but not the correct amps. I think the sfb pulls close to 200 amps at full tilt iirc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...