Need help amp in protect mode will pay for info

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ellsworthz
10+ year member

98' firebird, sleeper ftw
Re audio 1200.1 amp 12" skar sub installed for my buddy 3 months ago he called me and said the amp doesn't turn on randomly one night

Check power fuse under hood

Checked amp fuses

Opened up amp to check for something blown

Checked ground wire

Checked power wire

Checked remote amp lights up red when key on and car starts then goes off

Checked sub wiring it's still wired to 1ohm

Don't know what else to check and he's pissed please belp

Either the amp has fried from extreme clipping which you should also check the sub.

Or test with a new power wire to see if power is dropping or wire is bad.

There are some people real knowledgable about the inner machinations of amps here. Unfortunately I'm not one them.

Check that the voltage is correct with a DMM on the power wire and the remote wire. Also check that all of the wiring from the amp to the sub is in good shape and not shorted out. I've read some amp won't turn on if there's an output short.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.