What do I need to handle it?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Techtronic

Hi all, first time custom install here and I'm looking to put dual TS-W310D4 with GM-D9601 as the amp and some sort of enclosure tbd later in my Mazda3. I'm putting in the Sony XAV-65 for the head unit and just leaving the door speakers factory. I'm going for the 1/0 CCA Big 3 fused kit from sky high and I'm not sure what I should do about power. I was told to look for a car audio battery by the Mazda3 community and welp, now I'm here. Any advice?

Hi all, first time custom install here and I'm looking to put dual TS-W310D4 with GM-D9601 as the amp and some sort of enclosure tbd later in my Mazda3. I'm putting in the Sony XAV-65 for the head unit and just leaving the door speakers factory. I'm going for the 1/0 CCA Big 3 fused kit from sky high and I'm not sure what I should do about power. I was told to look for a car audio battery by the Mazda3 community and welp, now I'm here. Any advice?
look into Absorbent Glass Matt (AGM) batteries like kinetik, XS power, eaton, C&D, odyssey, diehard platinum, dekas(autozone orielly, advanced agm branded batteries). Just one under the hood should work fine for the power your running.

Got the same amp running 2 Alpine S 12d4 atm. Great little amp, but only takes 4 gauge in, so if you're running 1/0, run it to a distro and branch off.

I've been looking at a lot of agm batteries and I don't know what I need as far as power/wattage/amphours etc. Any recommendations? Also, @ccooney, would you say I should run it to a distro or just grab a different amp?

If you want that amp, run to a distro. 0 in 4 out.You can always upgrade from there. Fyi, I'm running my 9601 along with an 8604 off my stock batt/alt with no probs at all. Not suggesting you do that too, though.

All up to you with the amp. Been running mine for about 6 months now with no issues. Barely gets warm. Run the 1/0, so when you go bigger (and you will haha) you'll have the juice ready to go.

Dude....Keep the amp and cable you have. Either 1) Get a 0g in 4g out distribution block 2) Get a 0g to 4g reducer/adapter or 3) Very carefully trim 0g wire to fit 4g terminal. As for battery, just find a decent AGM $170-200, along with the Big3....An ur Thump'n

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.