Need Good Advice on Possibly My Setup and Possibly Upgrading Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys I currently have two treo ssi 12'' subs in a ported enclosure and am running a lanzar 1400d optidrive amp at 1 ohm. Because I only payed $150 for the amp and it overheats much too quickly cuz it really is not very 1 ohm stable, I am thinking of selling it for $165. If i were to sell it i would either get the saz-1500d or aq2200d. What would be the best choice out of the three options I have and why?

1. Keep the lanzar 1400d amp and run it at 2 or 4 ohms. (I could always just keep my decent setup for now and do other vehicle upgrades like tinting windows and maybe underglow)

2. Get the saz-1500d refurbished from db-r which would be the prefect power for my subs that are rated at 750 rms. (Would i have to upgrade my 4 g wire with this setup to 2g?)

3. Take a chance and get the aq2200d for a better dollar to power deal than the sundown, do the big 3 upgrade, and get 0 g wiring to handle the power. I would probably get the xs power 1200d battery as well. The reason i am considering getting an amp that would put out more than the subs rms is because i have heard people running them with up to 1250 rms each and having no problems.

Another question I was wondering too is how well hushmat or dynamat would boost db's and make my trunk rattle less. Rite now d trunk and license plate really rattle when i play my subs, so is the insulation worth it?

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/images/smilies/thankyou.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thankyou.gif.5451126d09e870f796f50c3a4dd5acd7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.