Need good advice on a sub+amp combo, $500ish budget

SwizzyPlz

NY
Hello everyone! I'm new to both the forum and somewhat new to car audio in general so please excuse any noob questions lol.

I already have an alpine Alpine MRP-F300 that will be most likely powering 2 pairs of Infinity Kappa 60.9cs. So i need a great sub and amp to complement them for around $500. I mostly listen to dnb dubstep and hip hop so i like alot of heavy bass. But obviously when i put on some 80's rock every now and then it should sound great anyway. The only other thing is i strongly prefer it to be in a sealed enclosure. This will all be put in a 96 prelude and soon enough a late 80's trans am

I'm always open to ideas and suggestions cause what the hell do i know? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Thanks in advanced for all/any help

I plan on ordering everything off of sonicelectronix and installing it myself

I'm currently looking at an alpine SWR-12D2 pawered by a Hifonics Brutus 1200.1D. Seems to be very popular and gives me more room in my buget for a better HU.

Any thoughts?

Well I i dont know if I do or not. Just trying to see what other people thing of this and if better can be had for the price.
I don't know right off hand anything that can compare to the proven performance of the BRZ/SWR combo. I mean, they are not the best, but they do **** good work compared to anything else that is available for $300.

for 500 bucks this will destroy the type r

NEW AMERICAN BASS HD12D2 HD SERIES 12" DUAL 2 OHM CAR AUDIO SUBWOOFER SUB | eBay

Lanzar OPTI1900D Optidrive 1900 Watt Mono Block Competition Amplifier 068888894395 | eBay

korean built amp much better quality vs brz which dont do rated

or

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/558059-2x-custom-spl-audio-alpine-type-x-12-a.html

amazing deal loved all my spl audio subs

or

ORION HCCA 12" Dould 2ohm DVC 2st Gen New Old School Orig. US. Warranty!!! | eBay

best deal on the web 1500rms easy 3 inch coil tc9 motor built in the usa and they get low in small ported boxes. one of my fav subs of all time would be my option over type r

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.