Need flush mounted clock to go along w/ Alpine Head Unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

KDB123

I seem to have gotten myself in a slight fix with my '98 Buick Century's double din head unit which has cd/cassette/clock in one unit. Sure it's convenient, but after adding my aftermarket amp and eq, etc., I'm still not satisfied with the sound quality. I understand that is to be expected when using aftermarket equipment with the cars factory unit which has 6 ohm impedance going to the rear speakers. Converters had to be used with this set-up. Have been wanting to put in my Alpine unit, but need a clock. That is THE problem at this time. My Alpine does not have a clock. Does anyone have any great ideas on how I can remedy this situation? Where can I find a clock that would look decent and have fairly close dimensions that would fill the space below (or above) my Alpine? Earmark car audio said they could make a custom installation kit, but they don't know where to start looking for a clock either. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. KB

how big do you want the clock to be. If thay can make a custom install kit try using a pocket watch or a wrist watch with out the bands on it.

Go to Radio Shack and buy a cheap one...then cut out a spot for it and flush mount it...That's what I did...

pics to follow...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.