Need feedback, no local retailer stocks these speakers

I'm interested in feedback on 3 different component speakers. No one within 200 miles actually stocks these speakers so I'm hoping this forum can help narrow things down. I'm replacing my Boston Acoustics Rally RC620's powered by an Alpine PDX 4.150 with one of the speakers listed below. I plan on putting the RC620's where the NX97(rear fill) are. I listen to rock and jazz

Boston Acoustics Pro60

Polk Audio SR6500

Morel Hybrid Ovation 6"

I would expect to see them shipping anytime, or by November - January at the latest... unless they are replacing another model, and they are giving their dealers a courtesy, giving them time to sell off remaining old stock. You could always call or write an authorized dealer or Alpine.

Been calling authorized Alpine dealers around here since March. They said they were supposed to be out by June or July. Now they say they don't know when. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Been calling authorized Alpine dealers around here since March. They said they were supposed to be out by June or July. Now they say they don't know when. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Alpine seems to be having a lot of trouble getting out new models recently.

Doesnt exactly fill me with confidence that the products wont have some issues when they finally get them out.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I'm guessing the Alpine SPX Pro's are out. I was told by a local sound shop today that it would take a week to get them in. I have to pay for them before they'll order them though. I was quoted $400.00 which is well within my price range. They also said not to bother putting the RC620 in where my NX97 (6x9) are. Just get a nice pair of coaxial 6x9's. What do you think? I'll check out the Image Dynamics via the web.

Is it just my location or are people buying speakers without first hearing them?

so how do you like your speakers to sound ?
I'm not looking for a bounce down the road sound. I'd like a clean/warm sound if that's possible. I had Morels in the mid 1980's and they sounded warm. My BA can be a bit bright for me but over all I like their sound as well.

Is it just my location or are people buying speakers without first hearing them?
- It would be easier to find out which rat hole Osama bin Laden is hidding in than to find the speakers you are interested in at your local store these days.

Thank the Best Buy and Circuit City chain stores, for putting the squeeze on mom and pop shops and killing high end car audio.

- It would be easier to find out which rat hole Osama bin Laden is hidding in than to find the speakers you are interested in at your local store these days.
Thank the Best Buy and Circuit City chain stores, for putting the squeeze on mom and pop shops and killing high end car audio.
Agreed. I'd probably have to drive 200+ miles to listen to anything that I would consider "high end" I worked at a store and tried to sell Dyn, Focal, and a few others.....but the market wasn't there for it. I think the internet has hurt car audio shops/small stores the most. Which I can't say much....I'm not going to pay retail for anything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.