Need Enclosure Help!!

iGotbass812
10+ year member

I am going to be buying 2 RE SRX 12's and have no idea where to start on making calculations. I know I want a ported box, and on the website it says 1.5@35hz. I'm guessing that is for one sub so I'd want 3.0@35hz? And if you have any plans or somewhere for me to go to look up plans, lemme know! And its going in an explorer, so plenty of room to work with.

3/4 inch mdf, good wood glue like titebond, screws, then all the tools you'll need... and for plans there are several members here that will be willing to help you

Go to the site below and scroll down to ported enclosure. Type in your dimensions, wood thickness, and look up your driver/speaker displacement (Google is a friend), then what Hz you want it tuned to (for RE's, I'd say between 32-35 HZ), then the diameter of your port and how many ports your going to use. Your Net box volume is your usable air space (I agree with RAM, this should be between 3.5 and 4 ft^3), and it gives you how long your port needs to be as well.

Speaker Enclosure Volume Calculator

What are the dimensions of a 2 12inch enclosure with 3.5-4 ft^3 with a port tuned to 32-35hz. I find the calculators very confusing

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.