Need design for one Kicker L7...

Participant count
  • Participant list

sj41

I have a 12" Kicker L7 (06S12L74) powered by a Kicker ZX750.1 that I'm trying to make a box for, but not too sure about how to go about designing the box. I'm going for max SPL while maintaining at least some decent SQ, and from what people tell me, I should go for a ported 3.25cu ft box tuned @32hz (Anyone disagree, please let me know what else would be better, I'm not too familiar with all this...)

Here is the problem: From the 2006 Kicker L7 manual, the numbers required to plug into subwoofertools.com are different from the technical manual Kicker has on their website (I believe this is from 2002, L7's specs changed?) The 2002 technical manual also includes more detailed information, but I'm not really sure if the dimensions that are in there are relevant, since my L7 is the 2006 model. For reference, here are the two manuals

2002 Technical manual:

http://www.kicker.com/06/tech-support/manuals/manuals/02SL7TechManualV2_0.pdf

2006 manual:

http://www.kicker.com/06/tech-support/manuals/manuals/2006/2006%20L7%20Sub%20b01%20WEB.pdf

I don't know the exact dimensions of my trunk (2000 Honda Civic Coupe) but from what I remember, the specs for the 3.25cu ft box on the 2002 technical manual fit in my trunk. If someone is serious about helping me, I could get any measurements needed.

I have no problem with building the box, its the designing process that confuses me. If someone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have pretty much the same question. I have one Kicker S12L7 (4ohm) and a Kicker ZX750.1 amp. I would like to build a box for SPL. From Kickers specs, I believe I should build a ported box that is 3.25 cubes. My question is, what should I "tune" it to and how do you "tune" a box? Also, if anyone has plans for a ported 12" square kicker SPL box I'm interested.

I would personally go with a smaller box. I haven't messed with 12" L7's, but I do own a 15 and have made several boxes for it. 2.25-2.75 ft^3 @ 32-36hz is what I would consider a good daily box. If you have more questions pm me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.