Need design for 2 15' Soundstream SPLX's

Participant count
  • Participant list

goose5741
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
As the title says, finally picked some subs so I might as well get an enclosure design rolling. Don't know who's still doing it or what the going rate is anymore, so I'll just let you guys fill me in on that.

Subs: 2 15'' Soundstream SPLX's D2

Preffered max dimensions: 43x17x26 (Width x height x depth). Can make more room if we need to.

I'm thinking it should be possible to still have the subs firing back, or would up be a better option? Car is a 98 camry, if subs fire up some height would have to be cut of the box, 17' tall box just barely sits under my 6x9's. If subs fire back there is 8+ inches before the back of the trunk, thinking this should be alright.

Want tuned for daily/music, low-mid 30's, but still stupid loud obviously //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Subs will be seeing 1250wrms apiece it that matters.

LMK

if not I will run the specs thru Bassboxpro for free. charging ppl for a design that takes 5 minutes with software is a crock if ya ask me.
For real? I remember people *****ing about others asking for free designs, saying a lot of work can go into it...I don't know much about box design, more into the electrical side so I leave it to someone else, assumed it was some work.

It takes about 30 or so minutes for me to whip up a design after I have all of the info needed...more if it's complicated. Definitely not 5. I can't even do the shetchup design in 5 minutes, let alone plan out the design as well. And I've done 50+ designs for people on here, so I can throw something together in shetchup pretty quickly.

i can do a design in less than 5 minutes on BBP with given dimensions using preloaded t/s parameters, you have obviously never used A professional factory software? it has all the sub specs preloaded so with dimensions it is literally 5 minutes to design it. the software does all the work. i would just need desired tuning thats it. it gives cut sheets and all very precise and simple. sketch up sux compared to it. all sketch up is , is a 3rd rate (but very usable) cad program. it doesnt plot a box or subs tuning curve for you. which is why it takes so long. and then it is all a guess as to what it will sound like. with BBP you know for sure exactly what the sub will do on a given power and at what freq. almost all the sub makers use BBP or Leap exclusively. I recieved it for being a dealer that does only custom boxes for my premier line. but it isn't that spendy anyway.

You use ascendent sub's or something (avatar)? Replacing 4 8'' Assassins with this new system, awesome 8's.
Yes, I Run Soundstream Subs and amps in most of my cars. But I have 2 18in AA Mayhems on a Memphis 4k in my Mustang. Soundstream 4 channel and highs. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i can do a design in less than 5 minutes on BBP with given dimensions using preloaded t/s parameters, you have obviously never used A professional factory software? it has all the sub specs preloaded so with dimensions it is literally 5 minutes to design it. the software does all the work. i would just need desired tuning thats it. it gives cut sheets and all very precise and simple. sketch up sux compared to it. all sketch up is , is a 3rd rate (but very usable) cad program. it doesnt plot a box or subs tuning curve for you. which is why it takes so long. and then it is all a guess as to what it will sound like. with BBP you know for sure exactly what the sub will do on a given power and at what freq. almost all the sub makers use BBP or Leap exclusively. I recieved it for being a dealer that does only custom boxes for my premier line. but it isn't that spendy anyway.

Well ****!! will you design me a box? lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.