Need Box Help!

Ok going with a trapezoid shape is actually relively easy. Just take the two side dimensions from your triangle....(make on a right angle side) and figure out the square footage of that size box. Since you are using two of the same triangle to shape the trapezoid that is your full air space for that section of your box. (the two triangles) basically you are going to figure out the air space for each group or secton of it since it is not a square then add them together to get your total air space.

Yeah i know but finding the dimensions is a *****. its like i cant start. its hard not being in school and forcing my head to work that hard. so ill continue to work on it. i figure that i find the volume of the triangular prism of the box then find the volume of the rest of the box and make it add up to 1.25 cft. ill keep working.

Originally posted by Inferno13 Yeah i know but finding the dimensions is a *****. its like i cant start. its hard not being in school and forcing my head to work that hard. so ill continue to work on it. i figure that i find the volume of the triangular prism of the box then find the volume of the rest of the box and make it add up to 1.25 cft. ill keep working.
I like your personal quote. Kinda contradicting this post here tho eh? LOL

build sealed enclosure (bit smaller than recommended) for an INVERTED mount... looks and plus (tho its just a minute amount of diff) you get x-tra airspace (concave cone provides a total airspace greater than overall vol of box)

have woofer firing straight down in a inverted sealed box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

hi, im also building my own box... dont know too much either but "super wood" is really good. if you have the specs for your sub they should tell you how thick the board should be. all the guys i know who have good sound have boxes made of "super-wood" :p

Originally posted by manta hi, im also building my own box... dont know too much either but "super wood" is really good. if you have the specs for your sub they should tell you how thick the board should be. all the guys i know who have good sound have boxes made of "super-wood" :p
Superwood? Never heard o fit, but sounds like it costs more than its worth. MDF is more than sufficient for about any enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.