Need box designed for 2 - 12" GCONS.

Lak23

FL
Can anyone assist with an enclosure design for 2 - 12" GCONS? Powering with a Soundqubed 2200. Will be in an 08 Escalade. Plenty of room. Really looking for SQL but still want it to hit hard as ****. Ported or Sealed? Not sure. I don't want the beat to lag behind like I've heard in a lot of ported boxes. Please help. DV

Can anyone assist with an enclosure design for 2 - 12" GCONS? Powering with a Soundqubed 2200. Will be in an 08 Escalade. Plenty of room. Really looking for SQL but still want it to hit hard as ****. Ported or Sealed? Not sure. I don't want the beat to lag behind like I've heard in a lot of ported boxes. Please help. DV
Post your max dimensions and I'll hook you up with a design. I ran a gcon 12 for awhile and it really impressed me.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Hey thanks man. I have 48" wide and 17" high that I'd like to use all of. Then I have 36" deep to work with. What do you think about a 4th order box?

I would just do a regular slot ported box for them, they're going to get loud af in an suv

789551c0b4e5e8bed8516a55dec90823.jpg
e79687d9fa089c81056bcd0b07a27381.jpg

5cuft@30hz with 16.75sqin port per cube. It's gonna get down.

**** thanks man. I have a problem though...I just went to order the GCONS and it looks like you can't even order them anymore. So then I tried to order the ICONS and there is a 21+ day wait time for them. I really wanted the GCONS because they're supposed to be good for SQL and that's what I'm really wanting but also want them loud af. Should I wait on the ICONs or what other other speaker would you recommend for me?

SUV? I'd go sub up port back.
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
I'm not really a fan of sub up port rear for small daily setups. It may be slightly louder on the meter running sub up port rear, but usually sub/port rear tends to "feel" louder. I guess it comes down to personal preference, but either way those gcon's are going to be impressive.

OP, have you tried giving SSA a call to see what they say? Could just be having an issue on their website or something.

I'm not really a fan of sub up port rear for small daily setups. It may be slightly louder on the meter running sub up port rear, but usually sub/port rear tends to "feel" louder. I guess it comes down to personal preference, but either way those gcon's are going to be impressive.
OP, have you tried giving SSA a call to see what they say? Could just be having an issue on their website or something.

Yeah I do a lot of builds for number chasers. I do prefer that configuration in those vehicles though. Nice design BTW....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Okay GCONS are out of stock. ICONS take a month to get. Should I just wait on the ICONS or go with 2 - FI Q's? I'll be running them with a SoundQubed 2200. Or do you have any other suggestions on 12's for SQL?

I like sub and woofer to be on the same baffle. Sub back port back.

The icon is a nice woofer and I would pick that over the Q. Im a sundown nuthugger so I say Xv2 woofers would make you happy in a box 6 cubes tuned to 32hz with a port 10"x7"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.