Need box design for 2 alpine type r's

04tahoe

TN
I'm in desperate need of a box design for 2 alpine swr-12d4 in a 04 Tahoe. Running alpine mrx-m240 at 1500 rms. Port back for sure not sure if sub's back or up is better option. I listen to mostly rap, rock, and some dubstep.

Sub specs:

CAR AUDIO,

VIDEO & GPS

CAR SECURITY

& AUTOMOTIVE

MARINE,

MOTORCYCLE & ATV

HEADPHONES

HOME & PORTABLE

AUDIO

DEALS

BLACK FRIDAY EARLY ACCESS

Get 5% Off

Go »

Alpine Type-R SWR-12D4

3000W Peak 12" Type-R Series Dual 4-ohm High Performance Subwoofer

88 reviews

Out of Stock

Dual 4-Ohm Dual 2-Ohm

Photos (5)

Videos (2)

Your Price: $159.99

Notify Me

Low Price Guarantee

FREE Shipping on Qualified Orders over $49

Description

• 1000 Watts RMS

• 3000 Watts Max

• Reinforced parabolic cone structure

• Durable High Amplitude Multi-Roll santoprene surround

• Cast aluminum frame with integral shorting sleeve

• High-grade strontium ferrite segmented magnet assembly

• Integrated 8 AWG push terminals with VC jumpers

Read Full Description

Features & Specs

Subwoofer Specifications

Subwoofer SeriesType-R (Alpine)

Subwoofer Size12"

Peak Power Handling3000 watts

RMS Power Handling1000 watts

Voice Coil(s)Dual

Impedance (Per Voice Coil)4 ohms

Voice Coil Diameter2.6"

Frequency Response24 - 200 Hz

Sensitivity84.9 dB

Xmax (millimeters)20 mm

Subwoofer DesignRound / Circle

Main Cone ColorDark Gray

Woofer CompositionKevlar Fiber

Woofer SurroundSantoprene Rubber

Subwoofer GrilleOptional (Accessory required and sold separately)

Alpine KTE-12G

Re-Cone Kit AvailableNo

Recommended Enclosure Specifications

Recommended Enclosure TypePorted / Vented

Sealed

Minimum Sealed Box Volume0.55 cubic feet

Maximum Sealed Box Volume1.00 cubic feet

Minimum Ported Box Volume1.0 cubic feet

Maximum Ported Box Volume1.50 cubic feet

Top-Mount Depth6-3/8"

Cutout Diameter10-7/8"

Shallow Mount InstallationNo

Electromechanical Parameters

Free-Air Resonance (Fs)28 Hz

Equivalent Compliance (Vas)46 liters

Total Speaker Q Value (Qts)0.48

Electrical Q Value (Qes)0.52

Electrical Resistance of Voice Coil (Re)3.8 ohms

Mechanical Q Value (Qms)6.04

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Come on somebody help me out. I work in a body shop so tools and ability to build aren't an issue just don't have access to computer just my phone right now. Im not sure about how to get my ft³ with the port factored in im probably overthinking it but i just want to build the perfect home for these two in my tahoe

Come on somebody help me out. I work in a body shop so tools and ability to build aren't an issue just don't have access to computer just my phone right now. Im not sure about how to get my ft³ with the port factored in im probably overthinking it but i just want to build the perfect home for these two in my tahoe
search up torres box calculator

enter in your max dimensions and experiment with the port along with possible displacements via bracing or subwoofer.

Main rule for beginners is to keep port area per foot around 12-16 for slot. Round ports is 9-13

bde12519b90f13c71afe7dd5d362c43c.jpg

How does this look? Wanting about 2.7ft³ net volume wasn't sure how to factor bracing so just set it to 2.8ft³. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

bde12519b90f13c71afe7dd5d362c43c.jpg

How does this look? Wanting about 2.7ft³ net volume wasn't sure how to factor bracing so just set it to 2.8ft³. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

you'd want to almost double what you have volume wise for two 12s and I told you 12-16 port area per foot. You are at 5.33

If it is a slot port, you need to put 3 for common port walls because thats how many wall of the box is used for the port. Displacement for two type R 12s should be closer to 0.20 not .1

If you want it stronger, you can double baffle the box as well. which means you put 1 in "# of extra baffles"

you'd want to almost double what you have volume wise for two 12s and I told you 12-16 port area per foot. You are at 5.33
If it is a slot port, you need to put 3 for common port walls because thats how many wall of the box is used for the port. Displacement for two type R 12s should be closer to 0.20 not .1

If you want it stronger, you can double baffle the box as well. which means you put 1 in "# of extra baffles"
Ok it'll be tommorow before I can get back on the program. As far as volume recommended net volume for one is 1.38ft³ so I was just doubling that is there something I'm missing? And I see my mistake on the p.a.p.f I was looking at the wrong parameter

Ok it'll be tommorow before I can get back on the program. As far as volume recommended net volume for one is 1.38ft³ so I was just doubling that is there something I'm missing? And I see my mistake on the p.a.p.f I was looking at the wrong parameter
How much power you feeding them? 1.5-2 net per works very well. I can help you out with a design and cutsheet.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

In an SUV, your gonna want subs up, port back. Exactly like my avatar. The port back subs up theory has been a proven method which works very well.

Proper port area takes up box size. Your current port is 1/3 of whats needed and a bigger and longer port will eat up more than a cubic feet. Hit up CSCstang for a design. He did one for two type R 12s that got loud before in an SUV.

How much power you feeding them? 1.5-2 net per works very well. I can help you out with a design and cutsheet.
1500 watts so 750 each before rise.

Internal port volume and speaker displacement, will take up some internal enclosure volume. Keep that in mind as you get that enclosure deigned. Woah, that rhymes! I just simply don't have the time. I took a step backwords and stepped on a dime. Oh man I'm on fire!!

Wired 4 ohm at 1500 rms. Going in a 04 Tahoe

Internal port volume and speaker displacement, will take up some internal enclosure volume. Keep that in mind as you get that enclosure deigned. Woah, that rhymes! I just simply don't have the time. I took a step backwords and stepped on a dime. Oh man I'm on fire!!
time for a decaf remix.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.