need BIGTIME help.

lewshus

For the last 2 weeks I have been doing my install i have had no music in my car and its really getting to me.

So yesterday I finish up connecting everything, connect the power wire to the battery, and turn on the car, ready for my ears to be flooded with joyous sound.

Instead, i got nothing. I checked the fuses, and none are blown, checked all the connections and everything seems in place and tight. Here is my setup

Pioneer avh-p1400dvd

hifonics 1200.1D mono amp

MB quart onx4.125

I have a 4 awg power wire going to power dist block and splitting into 2 8 awg wires. In the block I have 2 60 amp fuses.

When the car turns on the letters on "HIFONICS" light up, but the power light doesnt. Neither does the power light on the MB Quart. I bought the light up fuses and they aren't lighting up either.

I changed the 2 8 gauge wires to 4 gauge. Tested with mulitmeter and got 14.3 to the ground, and 14.3 to remote wire. However, i received 0 when testing the power. that was all with the car off.

When the car is on, the ground and remote wire drop down to under 1 and still no reading from the power.

I also installed a parking brake bypass that connected with

the ground, the parking brake, and the remote wire.

Would that be an issue?

thanks in advance.

The ground shouldnt get any voltage?
no when you test the ground it shouldnt read voltage.

take you leads from you dmm put the black side on a good ground like a strut tower bolt and then take the red side and test the terminals of the amp. with the car off but the key on they should read

power 12.8 +/- .2volts

remote 12.8 +/- .2volts

ground should be 0volts or zero load

and you really should up the wire going to the amp to 4 gauge all the way and the fuse in the distro to 120 amp

and does the car even crank?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.