need an indestructable 15......

phoneman
10+ year member

i like pie
ok
for my sister, She has a rf amp pushing 600 wrms and wants a 15 that will play loud in her eclipse and needs it to be under $200 . She is a volume master and is real hard on her subs so I need recomendation on a tough sub. I would like to put it in a sealed box so it may last longer.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

well how about a kicker L5 12". that has the same area of a 15" circular sub. its $152 at ikesound. could probably be found cheaper some other place. the 15" is $202
I have considered a L5 15 but I have heard mixed reviews about the l5/l7 series, Will they stand the abuse, will they get loud, and can they handle as much wattage as the say?

well kickers can't take alot more power than what they say. the 12" L5 can take 600rms, but really can take up to like 800. the 15" L5 is 750rms and once again can take more.

then i just took a look at teh 12" L7 which is $189 and is 750rms.

they can take alot of power. lots or power. ngsm13 has a couple L7's and he is sending them over 2000 watts daily. so they can take the power. but i don't know if they like to be underpowered. the L5 12" will probably fit u the best with 600rms and then i bet the amp is underrated just a bit so it will do perfect. u mention sealed so that might make it last longer.

ngsm13 has a couple L7's and he is sending them over 2000 watts daily.
i do? ****, i must have missed that...lol. I don't have any... but i know sum1 who does...and yeah...the kickers can take the abuse. they need a lot of room tho to sound good...keep that in mind. peace

NG

id much rather have an SE rather than any of the other suggestions. Except for the SExxx which i havent heard but suposedly they are more for SPL than the regular SE's. The SE's can take a beating and sound great. It will be under $200 too

id much rather have an SE rather than any of the other suggestions. Except for the SExxx which i havent heard but suposedly they are more for SPL than the regular SE's. The SE's can take a beating and sound great. It will be under $200 too
where can i get the se's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.