Need an amp for around $250

Rezac
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I am thinking about buying the new rockford p1000. I need 1000rms@ 1 ohm. I was wondering what some great choices would be for my soon to have Icon 10, 900rms it is rated at, I want something fairly small in size. My wife works at best buy so the rockford is very cheap. Let me know what you guys are thinking, I am going to buy one next week.

ed NINe.1 on sale for 295 shipped with 5 year warranty //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif 1200wRMS @ 1ohm

That is not a bad idea, I did look into them but didn't know how good they were or really how good the rockford is either. Anyone know if the rockford p1000 is any good? I am looking for a lot of sq

audison is supposed to be good from what I have heard about them...

if your wife works at BB then have her see what the price is on a RF T10001 is for an employee.

that would be a good 1000w... i would imagine at a pretty good cost as well...

anything lower than the power RF amps... I would stay away from..

I already have the 2008 model rockford 500.2 for my components and I do not have any problems with it. THD doesn't really mean anything you are saying? I saw something over 3% then it is audible but under that it is not? What is it that you are supposed to look at when buying an amp then. I am not new to car audio, just have a lot of learning to do..

i answered ur question on the other thread, but as far as the audison goes, it's a good amp. But i'd rather have the extra power, that's just me tho. The audison is nice for sure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Autotek SS 1000.1D probably around the same size as the Rockford.
The Rockford amp is underrated, so you'll probably get around 1100-1200WRMS, good choice, and if you can get it cheap, I'd get that.

Even if it is a ounch series? I already have the p500.2 which is the punch series, I think it is alright, no problems with it, I like hte way it looks, I can still fit my nitrous setup in my car with it which is one of the best parts.

They don't bud.
but that doesn't mean employees can't buy them from RF.

buddy of mine got a t20001 for a frikkin sweet deal from circuit city.
I didn't know that was possible, you just call rockford and give them your BB employee number and they tell you the discount price?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.