Need amp/sub help

Participant count
  • Participant list

rex00
10+ year member

my94 rx-7
Hi guys. Im new to car audio thing. Im looking at getting either 2 12" SSA GCONS or 2 12" Sundown SA-12's. Which do you think is a better choice? Second question is what amp(s) do you suggest for the subs? Thanks everyone.

Seems like I say this every day..

#1 Figure out what amp you want. This will affect sq and output more than anything. Do you want clean and efficient power at 4 ohms or strictly spl at a less efficient and more distorted 1ohm?

#2 Determine what electrical upgrades will be necessary for the power chosen and if it will justify the costs. If not, revert to #1 and seek more efficient power.

#3 Subs should be the least of your worries. Good subs are a dime a dozen. Once you figure out what power you will be using and what the system goals are, you can choose the subs that match power and space requirements.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.