Need alt. + xtra bracket

Participant count
  • Participants list

Only The Best
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
texas
So I'm purchasing a 2012 dodge ram 1500 2012 sport in the near future (within 3 weeks) and I'm putting my system together before I get the truck so that when I do get it, I can know what I'm doing and drop everything in.

That being said, what I will be running is full ground zero equipment, with a 12" 2000 rms sub with 2 component sets each @ 120rms a piece. Also going to include a smaller amplifier for 2 pairs of 60 rms 3.5" speakers in the front / headliner. The amplifier going to the sub has 2800 rms capability @ 2 ohms which is what the sub runs.

So in total it will be around 2.2k rms wattage running through the truck which I will also be taking to competitions, so this number will easily be inflated.

All this in account I've been told I need 2 HO alternators that can withstand the beating without putting a strain on the electrical as well as suggestions on the # of batteries involved. Also I have no idea where to look for a custom bracket for a second alternator on this truck, if anyone can point me in the right direction it will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance, and for the sake of hastiness please post with the price your asking.

I can help with both. The bracket may be expensive tho. I'd go with dual 300 amp 6 phase hairpin alts to I can get at you tomorrow with pricing. I'll have to look it all up I need year make model and engine size. Diesel or not also

I can help with both. The bracket may be expensive tho. I'd go with dual 300 amp 6 phase hairpin alts to I can get at you tomorrow with pricing. I'll have to look it all up I need year make model and engine size. Diesel or not also
2012 dodge ram 1500 sport 5.7 hemi gas. Also if it matters the truck may be 4x4

and for another question, would it be possible to just run one large alternator that would fit for this truck?

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 AM ----------

One beast alt should be fine...
any suggestions for this vehicle?

2012 dodge ram 1500 sport 5.7 hemi gas. Also if it matters the truck may be 4x4and for another question, would it be possible to just run one large alternator that would fit for this truck?

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 AM ----------

Yes you can. A 300-250. 6 phase hairpin would be what you want especially for a daily driver. The conventional alts over 200 amps tend not to last as long as the hairpin alts I wanna sat between $529-almost $600 but I will double check

Six phase hairpin, all day. Low rpm efficiency is supreme on a daily driver. It's very hard to beat Mike Singer's customer service and price on these, if you go that route.

We at singer offer 2 alts at $529 each. Both are 310 max alts that are normally 275 when hot the hairpin alt is the better alt. but if your truck idles at 700 rpm or less there may be issues with voltage the conventional alt doesn't have this issue but you get less power at idle. Also the bypass for the ECM system is another $50 which allows to keep the voltage higher

Six phase hairpin, all day. Low rpm efficiency is supreme on a daily driver. It's very hard to beat Mike Singer's customer service and price on these, if you go that route.
do you have any specifics on the singer alts? like options w/ prices? and thank you all for your input

We at singer offer 2 alts at $529 each. Both are 310 max alts that are normally 275 when hot the hairpin alt is the better alt. but if your truck idles at 700 rpm or less there may be issues with voltage the conventional alt doesn't have this issue but you get less power at idle. Also the bypass for the ECM system is another $50 which allows to keep the voltage higher
also im guessing the truck idles at 750-800... not sure at all... do you have any pricing on your equipment?

also im guessing the truck idles at 750-800... not sure at all... do you have any pricing on your equipment?
Send me a pm for any pricing if you need it mike says anything over 700 rpm the 6 phase will work I have pricing for both alts and the bypass

any battery options? whats the best / what are the specs on them compared to their followers? as well as prices? used / new?

any battery options? whats the best / what are the specs on them compared to their followers? as well as prices? used / new?
I use odyssey batts. Most of the guys here like the new sears agm I haven't tried it yet and prolly won't. I've used quite a few agm batts over the years. And my odysseys batts have done the best for me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.