need advise on wiring my subs

crzybob77
10+ year member

Alright, i am going to be getting two 12" single 4ohm voic coil subs. I want to wire them as a 2 ohm load on my amp to get the most out of my class D mono amp. I know that they need to be wired in parallel to do this. I talked to some people at crutchfield about the wiring diagram that they have one their site :

http://www.crutchfield.com/infocenter/car/S-wx2Z5XtM7R7/amplifiers_faq.html

It is near the bottom of the page.

I want my amp to be 1 channel (bridged). So, they said to put 2 wires into the positve and 2 wires into the negative terminal on the amp and then take those 4 wires and hook them to alll the positive and negatives on the sub. They said this will make a bridged 2 ohm load. Does this sound correct?

one more thing..... my amp is a US acoustic class D mono sub amp. It is 600 x 1 at 2 ohms. So, the 2 subs will get 300 watts a piece when wired in parallel like i explained before, right?

Yeah that sounds right...Also it sounds like they built the amp like JBL with two speaker terminals.. The terminals both pos and both neg are connected internally so you can hook them up to one set or both and not have any worries.. just an FYI

Mike

just wire subs like the website instructed and you will be getting 300w to each.

p.s., i also added a comment to your web page.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.