Need advise on amp power for 2 JL10w3v3?

Participant count
  • Participant list

nativefx

I started a post before asking about whether to use an Alpine 5 channel or PPI 4 channel and PPI sub amp and got some good responses. Obviously I can get more power with the 2 PPI's.

What I'm really trying to find out is if anyone knows whether 500 watts feeding these 2 subs would be under powered and possibly be disappointing for pushing these 2 subs? I just don't want to waste money buying a 5 channel and not being happy with the result because they need more power to sound good and produce great bass. The 2 PPI amps are cheaper than most decent 5 channel amps, it's just the amount of wiring and space needed that has me questioning whether a single amp could be worth it. I listen to mainly hip-hop, rap, R&B music during my 1 hr commute each direction so I need something! I just want to know whether they would perform better with MORE than 500 watts and be worth the added work for installing? The subs will go in an appropriate sized sealed enclosure. thanks

FYI - I'm using 2 sets of the Hertz DSK 165.3 for the fronts and rear.

I started a post before asking about whether to use an Alpine 5 channel or PPI 4 channel and PPI sub amp and got some good responses. Obviously I can get more power with the 2 PPI's.
What I'm really trying to find out is if anyone knows whether 500 watts feeding these 2 subs would be under powered and possibly be disappointing for pushing these 2 subs? I just don't want to waste money buying a 5 channel and not being happy with the result because they need more power to sound good and produce great bass. The 2 PPI amps are cheaper than most decent 5 channel amps, it's just the amount of wiring and space needed that has me questioning whether a single amp could be worth it. I listen to mainly hip-hop, rap, R&B music during my 1 hr commute each direction so I need something! I just want to know whether they would perform better with MORE than 500 watts and be worth the added work for installing? The subs will go in an appropriate sized sealed enclosure. thanks

FYI - I'm using 2 sets of the Hertz DSK 165.3 for the fronts and rear.
man i'll tell u the ppi p1k will push those little 10's like crazy is all i can say.. look at my videos, thats just at 2 ohm.. but u left out 1 option get a bigger 5 channel.. u can get some with 800-1100 rms sub channel..

I agree, and if your able to, go with a 4 ch amp and mono amp.

Most 5 ch amps aren't that powerful, for high power....mostly low power.

i guess u already have the subs if not let us talk u out of them.. if u don't have them that 5 channel would push 1 w3 ported pretty good.. u could get more sub for $ if u just got of another brand too.. u could get less powerful 4 channel us acoustics or zapco around same price as ppi and get the bigger mono amp for 1 or 2 subs.. here's bigger 5 channel, i'd run 1 good 12 on the sub channel Sundown Audio SAE-1100.5 5-Channel Full Range Class A/B Amplifier - SSA STORE

i guess u already have the subs if not let us talk u out of them.. if u don't have them that 5 channel would push 1 w3 ported pretty good.. u could get more sub for $ if u just got of another brand too.. u could get less powerful 4 channel us acoustics or zapco around same price as ppi and get the bigger mono amp for 1 or 2 subs.. here's bigger 5 channel, i'd run 1 good 12 on the sub channel Sundown Audio SAE-1100.5 5-Channel Full Range Class A/B Amplifier - SSA STORE
Yeah I already have the subs cause they were supposed to be going into my 69 firebird project car, but space is a premium due to the air ride i decided i wanted. I'm using these since they've been sitting in their boxes for over a year and I already have a shallow 12" in my Tundra DC.

man i'll tell u the ppi p1k will push those little 10's like crazy is all i can say.. look at my videos, thats just at 2 ohm.. but u left out 1 option get a bigger 5 channel.. u can get some with 800-1100 rms sub channel..
I'm assuming those bigger 5 channel amps are if they are running 1 ohm? I have to run 2 ohm as they are SVC subs.

I'm assuming those bigger 5 channel amps are if they are running 1 ohm? I have to run 2 ohm as they are SVC subs.
yeah that *****.. i recommend orion xtr 1500 for the subs because i does close to 1300rms @2 ohm (in test).. but the ppi 1k will push them pretty well at 2 ohm, much better than the alpine fs..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.