need basic 4 channel amp to power 100 rms components and 125 rms 6x9s

brakford

Had this set-up in signature for 4 years and was happy until I added the powered sub.

The 22 rms per speaker from my head unit is just not doing it for me anymore.

Been out of the loop for a while and I am overwhelmed by what is available.

Any suggestions would be great. Any sales for Black Friday even better.

Note: I am extremely pleased with the Rockville sub and did not want to give up truck space.

I have a Infinity Reference 704 coming in today brand new from Harman. I bought it for Dyno testing and would be happy to sell it for what I got it for once I complete its testing this week instead of returning it to them. Assuming it does rated plus it does 70x4 @ 4ohms. I paid $90 (I have a deal with Harman) + Shipping.

What components and 6x9 ? You should amp the front not the rear. Leave them on deck Power
I feel there is a difference between can and should. You can leave the rears on deck power, but you should amp the rears if you want the best possible sound.

I feel there is a difference between can and should. You can leave the rears on deck power, but you should amp the rears if you want the best possible sound.
Could not find much info on just using HU power for rear deck speakers. Is it that the HU power is enough to balance the system?

The infinity Reference 704 looks like it would suit my needs. Thanks for the offer. Will see what Black Friday sales have.

Another Polk Audio user. People here saying not so much power to the rear/deck spkrs because a lot of your sound comes from up front, not in back. Not saying that you shouldn't but it's def possible.

ppi 900.4 seems to be an ultimate choice for a 4 ch amp....we got some members here that own it and like it. Not very expensive either.

Could not find much info on just using HU power for rear deck speakers. Is it that the HU power is enough to balance the system?The infinity Reference 704 looks like it would suit my needs. Thanks for the offer. Will see what Black Friday sales have.
The feeling is the rear speakers are just fill and not as important as the fronts, and therefore not as important to amp them. Personally I amp the rears because I think it just sounds better overall.

Let me know about the infinity, I don't plan on keeping it around long after I complete my dyno runs with it.

Could not find much info on just using HU power for rear deck speakers. Is it that the HU power is enough to balance the system?The infinity Reference 704 looks like it would suit my needs. Thanks for the offer. Will see what Black Friday sales have.
rear speakers mean nothing to me., was gonna pull mine out today and i don't have amp on my fronts.. u want words to be in front of u not behind u anyway so power rears with hu get nice 2 channel for fronts.. can't believe that 8 is over powering your speakers polks just ain't know to be loud.. u can get ppi 600.2 for fronts https://www.amazon.com/Precision-Power-P600-2-2-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B005KU7KEE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510885745&sr=8-1&keywords=ppi+600.2&dpID=41FfIPmnQlL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Tears are just for fill usually. By ampming them it can thro the front sound off

If you never have rear passengers they are for fill //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Frankly I prefer a higher quality sound coming from my rear speakers even if it is for fill

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.