Need Advice?

ndirish

Hello,

I am upgrading my sons system as a birthday present and need some advice. I currently have RSD6.5 comps for the front and 1 IDQV2.D2 12 in a .85cu. sealed enclosure. I am looking for a good amp or amps around the $200-$250 range (new or used) to power the system. This is my first attempt at a system and I would like to get him the best sound as possible within my budget. Can I get away with 1 amp for the entire system or do I need 2? The car is a 97 Aurora and will be his daily driver.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have.

Mike

looking for new or used? can probably find an amp or two here used that will work fine, try posting in the wanted to buy section //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You could also look for a 4 channel amp that falls within your budget. Run the comps off of the front two channels and bridge the rear channels to the subwoofer @ 4 ohms. Crunch and Hifonics have some 4 channel offerings that would fall within your budget.

ETA: Something like **THIS** would make a decent starter amp. I doubt it does much more than 100 watts RMS per channel @ 4 or more than 400 bridged at 4, but I could be wrong. Regardless, a little headroom wouldn't hurt on the RSds //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Oh, and I am jealous. My POS loser of an old man NEVER wanted to help me with car audio. Till this very day, the only test he can not pass is a drug test.

There is a Kicker 700.5 that would probably work out nicely in the classified section.Might have to look through a few pages though.Like 3-4.If not go for 2 amps....why not?

Thanks for the quick response. Are there any brand amps that I should stay away from? I am not real familiar with amps these days and I don't want to ask my son to much because I am trying to keep this a secret. I would prefer to use one good amp that will power the system nicely and hold up to daily use, but I will go with two if that will be better.

there are plenty of 4 channel amps that you could use.. you bridge the rear channels for the sub.. assuming you have a svc 4ohm sub or dual 2. if not you need an amp for it separately

amps to stay away from would be pyle, audiobahn some(most) of the lanzars, anything that seems to be too good to be true.. if you think you find an amp for a good deal.. just ask away people will tell you right away if its bad or good.

Thanks again everyone. I am going to do a little price comparison shopping over the next several days and I will get back to you with what I have found.

Some brands I will be considering are: Kicker, Rockford, Cadence, Hifonics and MB Quart to name a few.

As for the rear fill, I was thinking of a decent pair of 6x9s run off of head unit power.

Hello,
I am upgrading my sons system as a birthday present and need some advice. I currently have RSD6.5 comps for the front and 1 IDQV2.D2 12 in a .85cu. sealed enclosure. I am looking for a good amp or amps around the $200-$250 range (new or used) to power the system. This is my first attempt at a system and I would like to get him the best sound as possible within my budget. Can I get away with 1 amp for the entire system or do I need 2? The car is a 97 Aurora and will be his daily driver.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have.

Mike
This Cadence Txa6004 will be a nice amp to run the comps and sub. you can run the 3rd and 4th ch. bridged to the sub and ch. 1 and 2 to the comps.

The amp is 25 inches in length so make sure you have room.

http://woofersetc.com/p6099/TXA6004--Cadence-4-Channel-High-Power-1200-Watt-Amplifier.htm

Thanks again everyone. I am going to do a little price comparison shopping over the next several days and I will get back to you with what I have found.
Some brands I will be considering are: Kicker, Rockford, Cadence, Hifonics and MB Quart to name a few.

As for the rear fill, I was thinking of a decent pair of 6x9s run off of head unit power.
Check out Image Dynamics

I have their 6.5" components running off 125w and they absolutely scream, it would be a nice upgrade for your son's rsd's

http://www.woofersetc.com/p6201/CTX65CS--Image-Dynamics-65"-Component-Speaker-System.htm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.