Need advice on purchasing a subwoofer.

Participant count
  • Participant list

dortiz29

DFW,TX
Hello, I have been searching the forums for quite a while now and cannot seem to find anyone with a similar post to mine, so I decided to start a new thread.

I am looking for a 15" subwoofer that can play down low when listening to rap, but also still sound good when listening to metal/hardcore. I realize the box plays a very important role in this, but as I searched the forums I read that some subs do better on the lower notes than others. I would also like the sub to be pretty loud (SQL I guess?). I am looking at subwoofers for under $400. I will most likely be running the sub off of a SoundQubed Q1-1200 Or Crescendo S1500.1. Throughout my searching I have found that the Sundown x series, SSA ICON, and FI Q all play low notes very well. Are there any other subs that would be better? Or which one would fit my needs the best? I realize there is no single best subwoofer, but I am just wondering which ones would fit my needs. Thank you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.