Need advice on new system (already have a JL 500/1 but need a sub to match it)

any recommendations on the High Output box that JL offers? you don't think i'll have a loss in SQ do you?

also, my rear seats fold down, so i'll probably drive with them down to improve how the bass sounds in my car. i know most people do ported boxes, but is there a huge gain in SQ if i decided to go sealed?

i too would recommend buying blown ones or some other cheap ass subs n just switching them for the good ones.

ive always wanted to try the ho w3 box. it looks so sexii, and i use to LOVE my JLs too, maybe cus it was my first system, but i did love them, and when the ho wedge box came out i wanted to get the single ported one soo bad, or the dual box, but it only comes in 10's and i wanted 12's.

i tried the wedge box with w3, it was cool, but not worth it, just a regular sealed box. i would try the ho w3 box if i was you, it looks good, itl sound good and a 500/1 will power it perfect.

either buy the ho w3 box or make a bad ass box for a w3.

or go with other subs like other people mentioned. if you just want some bass, then i think a nice w3 with that 500/1 would do it.

does not make sense.
how about getting out on your own first so the "parents" are not part of the equation...
not happening at this point in my life. way too busy doing school. i literally don't even have time to stroke one out if i needed to... haha lol

I would run a single 10w7 off the 500/1.
i considered it, but it would cost around $170 more than what i would be paying for the 12 w3v3 in the high output, and i didn't really feel like spending the extra money. i got a friend back home who just a 12w0 in a closed trunk, and the bass is still very adequate, so i feel like one 12w3v3 in a high output will suit all my needs.

i too would recommend buying blown ones or some other cheap ass subs n just switching them for the good ones. ive always wanted to try the ho w3 box. it looks so sexii, and i use to LOVE my JLs too, maybe cus it was my first system, but i did love them, and when the ho wedge box came out i wanted to get the single ported one soo bad, or the dual box, but it only comes in 10's and i wanted 12's.

i tried the wedge box with w3, it was cool, but not worth it, just a regular sealed box. i would try the ho w3 box if i was you, it looks good, itl sound good and a 500/1 will power it perfect.

either buy the ho w3 box or make a bad ass box for a w3.

or go with other subs like other people mentioned. if you just want some bass, then i think a nice w3 with that 500/1 would do it.
i actually bought the single 12'' high output model the other day, and am getting it installed tomorrow morning actually. i noticed that the 500/1 amp was perfect for this sub in this setup, so that's why i went with it. on a regular ported box i think they just recommend 400 RMS to the sub instead.

ended up paying like $505 for the sub with the HO box, new RC cables (cuz the guy said he couldn't warranty his work if he used the ones i had from my previous installment, altho sounds kinda suspect to me lol), and installation. i had my JL fuse, wires, and any other cables from my last set up so i didn't have to rebuy those luckily.

ya it woulda been a lot cheaper to buy a blown one, but then i gotta go through the trouble of possibly damaging the sub or some **** in the process of transporting it, plus i'm not even sure if my last subs were the correct ohm's for the High output box anyway, as it only comes in 4ohm's i believe. (not really sure exactly if running 2ohm subs would be a problem tho, as i dont know a super whole lot about audio). also i wouldn't be traveling home for a few more months, so to me it's worth it to have the bass now.

i'll post results tomorrow with how it sounds in comparison to my old system of 2 12's in a regular ported box, and with how pleased i am with the setup.

it sounds really good. not as loud as 2 12's, but it sounds pretty sweet. can't wait to see how they perform once they are fully broken in.

if you really think about it, just 1 12''w3v3 on a 500/1 JL amp in the highout box is really all you need for a very decent sound system. i mean ya having two w6's or some **** would be tight, but the quality and loudness of just 1 w3v3 is all i'm really looking for right now at this point. maybe in a future setup i can do 3 12's, but for now i'm very satisfied with just the 1.

plus i'm sure my ears will thank me later in life, as i have a tendency to always blast my system at full volume.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.