48 10s 153... VS 12 15s 155

kwitcherbichin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
yes i know its 2 dbs louder for the 12 15s vs the 48 10s, but anyways. if they were the same dbz would there be the same amount of force or would there be more for one or the other. just dont understand how they could be the same "loudness" if one has more cone area.

sorry if no one understand what im sayin im tired...

yes i know its 2 dbs louder for the 12 15s vs the 48 10s, but anyways. if they were the same dbz would there be the same amount of force or would there be more for one or the other. just dont understand how they could be the same "loudness" if one has more cone area.
So you think cone area is the only determining factor for output potential? This is the part where you say "no", even though your question just implied exactly that.

ok givin it was the exact same tuning but one had more subs doin the same dbs it would still be the same thing? just one might look like it would have more potential to be louder?

Thats like saying which is heavier, a pound of steel or a pound of feathers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.