Need advice on first sub system

Participant count
  • Participant list

Greg_227

Basically I just want to know if I'm going in the wrong direction with anything.

2 12 inch pioneer champion pro 600 watts rms

Big 3 upgrade

4 gauge wiring kit

Hifonics Brutus Brz1200.1d 1200 Watt RMS at 1 Ohm

Bbox E12DSV Dual 12-Inch Shared Vent*

I have a stock 2008 Chevy malibu.

Will I need a new battery/alternator or is the big 3 enough?

the box for sure is a poor decision. prefabs are never great but, the Bbox ones are especially cheap and weak as well as poor sounding. build one or have someone build you one. i'd also start out running 1/0 instead of 4ga. this way when you want to add an amplifier and change the interior speakers (as well as upgrade your substage, it always happens), you don't have to rerun the power wiring you simply add distribution. big 3 should do the trick with that equipment and vehicle. if you wanted to take an extra step find a local shop to rewind the alt to a higher amperage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.