Need advice on choosing best sub

Pre covid i did a custom ported 4 8" skar (model slips my mind atm) on a sk3500 Under rear of a 17 crew silverado and client was shocked at output and low end output (of course because i designed box) lol jk.

I picked up some 1"×1/4" flat bar and cut them to like 2-2.5inch long and drilled the holes and stacked 2. It wasnt a kit it was a homebrew solution before i bought the kit.

The 2.5inch seat lift kit from lmi has longer hooks to hold the seat back in place
That’s what I was thinking about doing because we go two different shops with everything I need to do my own seat lift!! One is race car shop lol so we may be able figure it out

If you mean build a custom box then most just have buck do a design and build it themselves or pay a local shop to build it for them. Shipping a custom box is extremely expensive to do.

If you mean build a custom box then most just have buck do a design and build it themselves or pay a local shop to build it for them. Shipping a custom box is extremely expensive to do.
Well the only shop around that builds is over 100 miles one way because no one here does that but I got a friend that is dang good at work and wants to build me one

Have any of y’all heard of black brick and the great 8”?? One my friends told me to look at them and they have them on sale for $69.99 regular price over 100 bucks?? Thanks for all y’all help I just don’t want to throw good money away on junk??

Have any of y’all heard of black brick and the great 8”?? One my friends told me to look at them and they have them on sale for $69.99 regular price over 100 bucks?? Thanks for all y’all help I just don’t want to throw good money away on junk??
Nothing impressive of the Black Brick line of woofers or amplifiers. The 8s you are looking at are only take 200 rms?? Look like a Cookie Cutter place amps and subs. If you want to go that CHEAP, may as well look into Skar. Let me look up Great 8. Its your money and your budget and your vehicle. Its all up to you of what you want to spend your money on

Well if it looks like cookie cutter stuff to you that have experience with all this I’m just gonna stay away from them and get some like y’all said to start with

Well if it looks like cookie cutter stuff to you that have experience with all this I’m just gonna stay away from them and get some like y’all said to start with
I recommend giving that place time to mature and to get some reviews about the products..Thing is... For a little more , you have recommend brands that have results and poss. feedback as well as customer reviews and hands on and knowing that people actually run the gear in said vehicles.

I have 2 JL 12tw3’s under the rear seat of my 2012 Silverado, along with 2 amps n a cap. Only had to raise my seat about an inch….I used a SS nut and washer on each stud as spacers. In my last truck, a 2008 Ford F-150, I had 2 Rockford T1S2-10’s with my amps mounted on the back wall, and I didn’t need any spacer. The 10’s hammered pretty well but there’s no replacement for displacement, or in this case, surface area. Go big or go home. 😜

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...