Need advice on choosing best sub

Bruiser73

I have 2009 Silverado 1500 crew cab and I’m wanting to put 8” subs under back seat and will install seat lift if necessary!! I am looking for subs to work with amp (Mmats m2000.1d) I’m wanting as much bass as possible and I know I’m limited to space so any help at all would be greatly appreciated!! I’ve looked at 8” Mmats dreadnauts and have any of y’all run these subs and if so what do you think of them???? TIA

Plenty of good 8s out there. Depends if you want 2, 3, or 4. 2000 isn’t a whole lot so look for some that take 400 watts rms if you’re doing 4 (like the CT Sounds Tropo). If you’re doing 3 then I’d say go with SSA F8L. If you’re just doing 2 I’d probably go with Resilient Sounds Gold. Some other good brands out there as well.

Plenty of good 8s out there. Depends if you want 2, 3, or 4. 2000 isn’t a whole lot so look for some that take 400 watts rms if you’re doing 4 (like the CT Sounds Tropo). If you’re doing 3 then I’d say go with SSA F8L. If you’re just doing 2 I’d probably go with Resilient Sounds Gold. Some other good brands out there as well.
That’s what I’m trying to decide on now is to do two or four 8”?? What you think about just doing two really good 10” subs

That’s what I’m trying to decide on now is to do two or four 8”?? What you think about just doing two really good 10” subs
Raise your seat approx 3 inches or remove the back seat and get a pair of XFL 10s and a 4.0 cu ft @32-34htz ported enclosure and a good 2k-3k amp, would slamm

If you can fit and have enough air space for each 10 and the port then I’d go with 10s. I have 2 F8L 8s under my f150 rear seat, and I’d consider it a “sound quality” system. They sound damn good and blend in well with my door speakers, but they’re definitely not beating down the block. So if you want more of a SPL system then you’d need 4 8s or 2 good 10s.

I can raise it for sure BUT got twin girls so got keep back seat!!! Wife would not be happy lol
I put a single XFL 10 in a Bazooka Bass Tube in my Neighbors 2007 Xcab Chevrolet that fits perfect under the Rear drivers side and hits pretty good. He had a pair in there but only wanted one. Two was a little much for him. I put a new HU in, Earthquake EQ, set of Polk MM 6.5s up front and a set of coax.Polk DB in rears, on an older A.Bass VFL 1504 Hybrid 4ch and an A.Bass VFL Hybrid 26801D. That was like 4 or 5 years ago.. It still sounds great. He was able to get his duaghters kids in the back seat no problem in two car seats.I made a small amp rack under the passenger seat to stack them. One heavy ten should do fine for you

Will y’all look at these and let me know what you think on this Mmats Dreadnaut 8”

Max you can raise the back seat is 3inch. 2.5inch kit with 1/2inch spacers under the kit.

This gives you a total of 3.37 gross before port or sub displacement.

This should also net you right at 11inches front mounting plate.

I personally plan to run 2 sa10v2

That should get me to 2.91 at 36hz with a 6inch aero

Max you can raise the back seat is 3inch. 2.5inch kit with 1/2inch spacers under the kit.

This gives you a total of 3.37 gross before port or sub displacement.

This should also net you right at 11inches front mounting plate.

I personally plan to run 2 sa10v2

That should get me to 2.91 at 36hz with a 6inch aero

Which half inch spacers did you use? I may do that to mine as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...