Need a quote

goingdef
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Norfolk VA
I just did a big three job on a new subaru baja turbo and the guy was supposed to pay me then at the end goes well i don't owe you anything do I? Now considering we used his wire and terminals but all my tools and each point was checked for the most possible ohm load and every connection was SOLID and ran to be show quality(his demand) protective electrical grease applied to all connections 3hrs in total starting from scratch. so tomorrow I'm going to go by your opinions and tell him what he owes me?

Thanks for any help.

i charge no less than 40$ per day here. Because im the only one around here that does it on a better scale. no matter if they help or not. It takes time out of my day to help them. Now if its a friend i usually dont charge.

i charge no less than 40$ per day here. Because im the only one around here that does it on a better scale. no matter if they help or not. It takes time out of my day to help them. Now if its a friend i usually dont charge.
well he is a friend but every now and then if it's in his favor he will use me if he can benefit from it.

not to mention his buddy's about an hour earlier installed a ho alt cracked the plastic around the positive out on the alt I had to fix that and when they first put it in they had the belt so tight it smoked instantly and had to be replaced and I had to point out to them why it happened and help fix that 2 more hours gone for free but he said they did it for free(bullshit)not the way they said they wanted to finish it in the morning and he refused and made them finish it tonight I felt bad so I helped them. but the ******* has matching cars and a full out top of the line alpine/jl/boston system bought and installed at audio one last week and the other one already has a matching system so it's not like he's broke!

Oh then the argument on the fact a 150amp fuse is perfect on 1.5' of 0g going from the alt(200amp minimum)to the battery optima agm when I kept telling him I would go 250amp but he swears his buddy the electrical degree told him always fuse smaller the alt so if one of the amps blows it doesn't burn down the whole car, makes sense right? but hey it's his car!

lemme guess, you don't have any projects going on he can "help" you with, I suppose..and it sounds like yall ain't that good a friends to begin with..Car Audio labor around here goes for about $60 an hour...backyard discount of 50%...$100 and he bought the beer, right?

lemme guess, you don't have any projects going on he can "help" you with, I suppose..and it sounds like yall ain't that good a friends to begin with..Car Audio labor around here goes for about $60 an hour...backyard discount of 50%...$100 and he bought the beer, right?
well when we first talked about it he was paying me for this work as he knows my bills are behind, and yea no bear and he's a disabled vet we met through a mutual friend and started hanging out talking about guns(not to mention the one time he had a nd and **** near shot me)I let that go and he missed my chest by about a foot and it went right by my arm.

well when we first talked about it he was paying me for this work as he knows my bills are behind, and yea no bear and he's a disabled vet we met through a mutual friend and started hanging out talking about guns(not to mention the one time he had a nd and **** near shot me)I let that go and he missed my chest by about a foot and it went right by my arm.
that's at least another $50 right there, bud.

thats what I thought it took a few years of my life off, muzzle flash is scary when it's in your direction.
Dang man. Sorry I can't help.

However, anytime you end up with a ******* chest wound, you let me know! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Charge him out the ass, and find urself better friends
yea I think I'm going to go over there tomorrow and talk to him about this especially since I have to set there and explain all this **** yet he still has no clue what I'm talking about so then he runs to audio one and says listen to my system I bet it's as loud as yours so i crank mine and he refuses to get in, bet those 8,000 dollars in rec aren't looking so hot now! btu he still won't listen and now this was just insulting especially for as picky and demanding he was I was expecting some serious cash for this kind of **** and I had to skip dinner and do it on the spot at 9 at night with a flashlight becasue he wanted it NOW!

Just a general comment - you can't ask for payment unless it was agreed before hand. If a "friend" expects your work to be free because you're a nice guy and someday he'll do the same for you, going back and asking to be paid is kinda lame on your part. I'd consider the experience as part of life and be ready to not be taken advantage of again.

And the dude sounds like an azzole.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.