Do you all think my alt should be fine with this set up?

joshrod14
10+ year member

Ok im a little woried that my alt might go out but im probably just paridoid.But i was going to have

2 12' Hifonics subs they are 800wats each and the amp is going to be a apsm 1500.and my HU is just going to be a cheaper alpine or kenwood that will be like 50w x 4.Do you all this it should be fine?Also my car is a 2001 buick regal ls.im not sure if you needed to know that i dont really know what my alt is.

alright well i dont really wanna do it myself a f up lol so i may just downgrade what about just 1 of those subs and a 800 watt amp prolly

so basicly will be using 800 watts but peolly not even all of it and the HU should this be fine?and do you think it will sound decent atleast?

also since im talking to you would this be a decent amp for it Legacy LA589 800 Watts 2 Channel Bridgeable MOSFET Amplifier . im trying to go under $70 for the amp basicly.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

alright well il check ouy you tube and see whats up also the q above.

I have not done my big 3 , I have a gel cell extra battery at the back and my electrical is stable at 13.9 and dips to 12.8 when i do full tilt on my subs, I am running BRZ 1700.1 and a rockford pbr300 which is 75x4 and 2 15 inch Skar VVX.

If i were you just add an extra battery in your trunk and you would be fine, don't downgrade you will regret it and will eventually spend more money

also since im talking to you would this be a decent amp for it Legacy LA589 800 Watts 2 Channel Bridgeable MOSFET Amplifier . im trying to go under $70 for the amp basicly. 

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

alright well il check ouy you tube and see whats up also the q above.

not a good amp lol

theres really no way to f up. just replace the wire with bigger wire thats it.
I dont recommend replacing, id recommend just simply running a 2nd wire to go alongside of the factory wire. However, its almost impossible to screw up a big 3, though im sure it could be done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

joshrod14

10+ year member
joshrod14
South Lake Tahoe,CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from