Need a new box

Crapalier
10+ year member

Georgia
My current box is too small, 1.5 cubes at 35hz. I just got an Obsidian 12 and need something around 2 cubes at 32hz after sub displacement.

Who can build this for me, I'm near Atlanta but will pay for shipping if it's reasonable. Anyone have something I'm looking for?

I currently lack the tools or the space to build. Not sure where I can cut up mdf in my apartment.

If I decide to use my box as a temp or maybe get some cheap sealed box as temp, I could get around to building one in late November as I'll finally be moving into a place with a garage. Decisions dicisions

If you go to lowes or HD and get someone who knows what they are doing you can generally have them do the cuts for you and they will be around 1/16th of what they should be. As your building it just put a good bead of liquid nails around the edges and you won't have any leaks caused by incorrect cuts.

I was bored, so I made this.

2.16 cu^ft (After displacement.)

34hz tuning.

qtD1J.png

I would like a second opinion on ow it would preform. WinISD said about 115db before the 20db cabin gain. So, 135 isn't too bad. But this is under perfect operating conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.