New here and need some help with a box

code-man

i have a single jbl p1222 and need to know what is the best box i can build for it that will fit behind my bench seat in my 1979 ford F-150 rag cab.

and should i go sealed or un sealed i have a idea of a wedge box that will fit thats 2.01 cubic feet but i dont know what i should do please help

i have a JBL p1022 (10in version of your sub) and if i were you ide say go sealed or make sure u mount sub behind passenger seat, port towards you. I say that because i also drive a single cab pickup, I have had 2 ported boxes for it and have not been to happy with the results. You can deff hear me coming down the street but my sub is behind driver seat facing passenger seat. Sub sounds much better to passenger then me AND honestly sounds loudest to people outside the car, not the passengers. The difference between having a reg cab pickup and a trunk/back of suv makes a HUGE difference. If you go sealed it wil deff get loud in that small space, plus be extremely clean, really punchy notes, but best of all it will sound best inside the car to both you AND the passenger. Ive had 3 sealed set-ups and 2 ported in a single cab, after these 2 ported boxes (tryed ported for the JBL) im having my ported box fiberglass'ed up to be sealed tomorrow. Ive found a decent amount of people loving these sealed in there pickups online. If its for a single cab, for sure go sealed man. Where and what kinda car make a big diff too

They were made a local builder here thats been doing it for 15yrs, ran it by several shops and they were very impressed. Look at my pics, there legit boxes. I had a kicker L5 with the port towards me that sounded louder. Thats why i said were the speaker/port is facing matters, in my truck theres a bigger spot behind driver seat vs passenger seat. That is not true for the F150, so he could do a box opposite mine and it would most likely sound decent. As i said sounds better to the passenger in my truck with current setup. I just think that for single cab trucks sealed boxes are the way to go, small cabin. I feel ported boxes would like a little more room to breath/let the sound wave expand

i do not know if i should got ported or sealed i have 9 inches from floor to back of seat and it can be 16 inches tall and has 5 inches of room at the top from back cab wall to seat with about a 2 inches inbetween seat and the box but what kind of box should i build? i have a pic of what i think will fit but it wont let me post it

ohh also it can be a longgg box i thought like 37 inches long for a 2 cubic foot box

Last edited by a moderator:
in my truck theres a bigger spot behind driver seat vs passenger seat. That is not true for the F150, so he could do a box opposite mine and it would most likely sound decent.
its all the same size behind my seat it just a flat wall all the way across

ok i will takw somw when i can i will tell you that the truck is in progress so its not the nicest yetbut im working on it
Heres my baby... Before obviously...

l_dbf2bf5d63da4451bd11214d5ba6be80.jpg

And how it is now... Still not even close to done...

223288_10150189098154545_656414544_6938515_2471703_n.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.