Need a EQ...Im so lost..help

alex5857
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
California
i i just got my kicker 350.4

Its giving my comps and tweets too much bass even though its set at the highest freq. and lowest bass boost.

so this means i need a eq right? (since my pos alpine xda built in eq ***** ass)

i have a full din left under my head unit. (00' stang)

i need to get a 1/2 din pocket and a 1/2 din eq..but can i get just any 1/2 din pocket and make it work, and will any eq fit in snugly with it?

and on the inputs to the eq's whats the difference between radio and aux?

I had a Din radio and a 1/2 din eq (Audiocontrol Four1) in my Crown Vic and I believe it has the same opening as you Mustang. I had to do a custom kit using parts from a indash kit.

But I dont think you need to buy a eq. You say your mids and highs are getting too much bass and you got your crossover setting set correctly. Where is the Treble and Bass set on the HU? It should be flat or at 0, at least for the Bass.

Sounds like its more a tuning issue that needin a new piece of equiptment, what are you settings at now?

yeah, its on high pass...and the head unit doesnt have bass or treble controls..i know its crazy.
Describe the sound..

Too much bass?

So is it just making a distorting sound? like 2 pc speakers trying to play hip hop?

Does it sound too loud also?

It distorts at extremely high levels because of the bass. I didnt have the problem when i had the my ppi 4240 installed but after that blew i bought this kicker, i didnt change any settings at all

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.