Need a dsp recommendation

Daryl rsv4

SoCal
I started piecing together my system for my 22’ Ram 1500. I have picked up so far-

2- CT Sounds 10“ Tropo XL’s
2- Taramps TS 400’s
Infinity reference 3032 3.5” coaxials - front dash

Still to get-
1 - Taramps smart 3k
4- PRV 8” MB 450 - each door
Sound deadener
AGM battery
Fox acoustics rear under seat ported enclosure - for 2 10’s

I’ll be using the stock 12” screen/ hu. The point of this thread is the dsp. I did a search and found the below thread and was wondering if the DSR1 has improved since this thread over 2 years ago. Thanks !

If cost isn't an issue I would consider an amplifier/dsp combo from Audiocontrol or Helix they make 8 channel setups like that so you wouldn't need 2 of the Taramps 4 channels. DIYMA has them used and new for sale all the time.

Otherwise Helix, Audiocontrol, Dayton, Rockford Fosgate, JBL which makes a amplifier/dsp combo as well and a couple others. Couple of them are the same like the Taramps/Stetsom but eh for the DSP you want something that is nice and will work.

Dayton Audio and MiniDSP. If you want something fancier, then Zapco and RF are good units. Also depends if you want auto correction or plan to do it by ear/rt analyzer.

Helix is king only behind brax and brax is God awful expensive. Dayton makes the C-DSP 8x12 and it is also very good. Both Dayton and helix also make versions with fewer output channels for cheaper.

I will tell you those coaxials are a bad idea. You have no independent control of the tweeters separate from the mid. The CDT unity 7.5 or 8 is a better option if you don't want to mount separate tweeters.

Those mids are likely not my taste either but as long as they are installed correctly with the proper hpf and time alignment it should work. Personally for cheap I like silverflutes and for more money stereo integrity.

I initially got the Infinity’s to put in the stock dash locations, but now leaning towards pods in the a- pillars.

I would prefer a speaker pod for the a-pillar that houses a 3.5- 4” mid and a separate tweeter, but not finding any. I definitely don’t have the skill to fab any.

I can still return the Infinity’s and pick up some decent comps. Still want to go with 8’s in the front doors, whether they’re the PRV’s or not. Might just throw a decent set of 6.5” coaxials in the rear doors.

I initially got the Infinity’s to put in the stock dash locations, but now leaning towards pods in the a- pillars.

I would prefer a speaker pod for the a-pillar that houses a 3.5- 4” mid and a separate tweeter, but not finding any. I definitely don’t have the skill to fab any.

I can still return the Infinity’s and pick up some decent comps. Still want to go with 8’s in the front doors, whether they’re the PRV’s or not. Might just throw a decent set of 6.5” coaxials in the rear doors.

3.5 to 4" is pretty big for a dash pod. I've seen plenty of ~2-3" pods on ebay.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...