need a box

Participant count
  • Participant list

violator5spd
10+ year member

Post Wh0re Hunter
Ohio
I need a ported box for my audiobahn 10" sub (1000w rms) and I need it to be big. I was thinkin around 2.5 to 3 cubic feet, but the problem is I don't know how to tune it or whatever you call it. I was reading around at posts like "Tune that bad boy to 34hz and the police will be all over you for noise pollution" but how to you tune ported boxes? Well if anyone enoys making boxes or knows where big ones are, let me know, thanks.

What model is that 10"? The size of the box and how big the port is determin's what the box is tuned too...you can do that with a free, downloadable box building program called WinISD...plug in your drivers specs and it will help you design a box.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif Building a box yourself will easily save you a lot of money(and sometimes time)...lets say $30 if you do it yourself to $100-$250++ if a shop builds it.

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.