need a box made for type r's

Participant count
  • Participant list

truemacka

phl pa
sup..i got 2 type r alpine 12's for which im tryin to find a box to specs for

my man at the stereo shop is tryin to sell me a universal box made for dual 10 inch subs....

he told me that the box is exact to specs for alpines being that its .88 to 1. cu ft.

he said that he would cut the holes out and make them bigger for the 2 12's..

my question is does it make a difference if the box was made for 10 and being retro fitted for 12's...or should i jus get a custom box made?

Originally posted by truemacka sup..i got 2 type r alpine 12's for which im tryin to find a box to specs for

my man at the stereo shop is tryin to sell me a universal box made for dual 10 inch subs....

he told me that the box is exact to specs for alpines being that its .88 to 1. cu ft.

he said that he would cut the holes out and make them bigger for the 2 12's..

my question is does it make a difference if the box was made for 10 and being retro fitted for 12's...or should i jus get a custom box made?
Spend ~$50 and make your own box. It will be a lot more cheaper and it will sound better if you make it to the correct specs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.