need a box design for hdc3.1 18

Participant count
  • Participant list

1mounty

texas
hello, i need a box design for my hdc3.1 18. The single hdc3.1 18 is powered by a crescendo bc 2000 and is in the back of a 97 mountaineer. i would like to tune it to 32 hz and any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Dont bother with 45's some small bracing will help just rip a 2x4 in half and put 4 pieces around the sub wont change tuning much its a little under 32 anyway.

That exact box no. I have built a lot of boxes for many sized subs. Current setup is 4 15's in a 6th order b pillar wall in a yukon on 16k. I have run subs up port to drivers side in a few different boxes that do great on the lows. They where all suv builds subs up port drivers side. Personally i would tune a bit higher for that sub but thats personal taste.

That exact box no. I have built a lot of boxes for many sized subs. Current setup is 4 15's in a 6th order b pillar wall in a yukon on 16k. I have run subs up port to drivers side in a few different boxes that do great on the lows. They where all suv builds subs up port drivers side. Personally i would tune a bit higher for that sub but thats personal taste.
You got a nice setup. I'm new to building boxes this will be my first and was wondering if you could possibly do a sketch of the box for me so i can get a mental image? Also I like the lows my current box is tuned to 41 and it's to high for me and struggles on the lows. If I do bring it to like 35hz would that be a big difference from 41 and will it play the lows pretty good?

You got a nice setup. I'm new to building boxes this will be my first and was wondering if you could possibly do a sketch of the box for me so i can get a mental image? Also I like the lows my current box is tuned to 41 and it's to high for me and struggles on the lows. If I do bring it to like 35hz would that be a big difference from 41 and will it play the lows pretty good?
Yes it will. I can hook you up with a design man just pm me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Cscstang does great work. 35 is a lot lower than 41. Tuned at 35 should easily get down to 28. 32 will get you down to around 25 but at a slight reduction in overall output. Depending on preference 32 might be worth it.

Cscstang does great work. 35 is a lot lower than 41. Tuned at 35 should easily get down to 28. 32 will get you down to around 25 but at a slight reduction in overall output. Depending on preference 32 might be worth it.
We decided on going with it tuned to 35. I think it will be pretty good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.