Disappointed in box for 18" fi btl, 6.49cu, tuned to 32.95, 103.69 sq

anl1racing

mi
So through together a system for my winter beater 01 Volvo xcv70,

Consists of:

3212 hifonics amp

1 18" fi Btl

Box sub up port back

Big 3, 150amp alt, 0 gauge, voltage drop less then 1.0 typically around 13.4-13.8 on music, it just doesn't get as loud as I would have imagined, this is my first btl (currently have 2 (1) is waiting for a recone, I have had 05 xxx 18" with fi soft parts that just slammed in the past (different vehicle I kno) but it's a night and day difference. Sub is currently seeing approx 1600watts of clean true power. I really enjoy feeling the low notes but also the chest pains from high, as of now the high notes are decent but low notes I feel air more then I feel the bass.

I'm thinking maybe a 4th order or I have the option for 2, I have room for around 16 cu.

Is my current box tuned to high, or am I just expecting to much. Volvo rates v70 with 71.4 cu of cabin space.

Sorry,

37" long, 24" wide, 22" tall 5 1/2 port-port 34.12 in long

This is what I have on my build sheet at work, I can pull sub and measure to be exact once I'm home just to triple check.

Box is to small. With those dimensions and after 103" of port and woofer displacement, extra baffle and bracing your at like 5.75cubes roughly.
Deff prob where I messed up, didn't take into account the port

It's the older UFO magnet, jeeze I missed a ton of information.

The max demensions within reason I have are 45 1/2in. W x 40in. long x 31in. tall

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.