Need a battery, suggestions?

Participant count
  • Participant list

magnumsrt8215
10+ year member

Here's what i got going on, an 06 dodge magnum srt8 with a factory battery, and alternator(160amps) I have a rockford t2500-1bd and now a t1000-4. I have 4 gauge wire. I need a battery, dont want to add a second batt yet it will be my primary batt so what do you guys suggest? I have not done the big 3 but i have added a additional ground to the batt, and have added another ground from the engine to the chassis none of which have helped with the dimming problem. But bottom line is i need a new batt cuz the stock ones for these car are well $hit to say the least. I have looked at optimas, and kinetics

my car was running 1400 watts rms and i had 1 kinetik 1200 battery running with my stock battery and a 2 fared cap and i was really happy with it. i know that if you are gonna run two batteries they suggest two of the exact same batteries. but running with the stock worked for me. so mabey consider running a kinetik with you stock untill you get another one, cause no matter what battery you get, it still won't take away you dimming problem by it self. i have had both optima and kinetik and kietik is worlds better, they don't even compair.

my car was running 1400 watts rms and i had 1 kinetik 1200 battery running with my stock battery and a 2 fared cap and i was really happy with it. i know that if you are gonna run two batteries they suggest two of the exact same batteries. but running with the stock worked for me. so mabey consider running a kinetik with you stock untill you get another one, cause no matter what battery you get, it still won't take away you dimming problem by it self. i have had both optima and kinetik and kietik is worlds better, they don't even compair.
not this.. no caps.. kinetiks are weak.. redo your wiring in 1/0 and get a xs d3100.. one of the best 12v batts on the market..

3500 watts on 160 amp alternator and 1 battery? Lets see car will need 50 amps bare minimum and every 1000 watts will need a minimum of 70 amps of alternator.....don't see this going over very well and still being able to leave your battery above a state that it will not sulfate.....

you can do 3500 on a d3100 easily.. even as primary battery.. but the 160 alt is a little weak.. if it was a HO that did the majority of that at idle you could probly get away with it but not a stock..

3500 watts on 160 amp alternator and 1 battery? Lets see car will need 50 amps bare minimum and every 1000 watts will need a minimum of 70 amps of alternator.....don't see this going over very well and still being able to leave your battery above a state that it will not sulfate.....
If this is the case how can guys like me who run 20k+ get away with it not having to run 6 alts?? my 25k watts according to you would require 1750 amps.. thats about 8 alts.. dont see alot of octo-brackets out there

If this is the case how can guys like me who run 20k+ get away with it not having to run 6 alts?? my 25k watts according to you would require 1750 amps.. thats about 8 alts.. dont see alot of octo-brackets out there
So you are saying you simply turn it up to put out 20k+ watts and leave it up anytime everytime you want or do you have to watch your voltage? If you do not have the alternator to keep up will the batteries eventually discharge to a low state of charge?

I have 3 dc 270 xp alts and 12 xs d1400 and unless im playing a test tone i can leave it up.. any music all the time.. thats what i built it for .. andi got 3 alts.. not 8... not sure where you get your numbers from but they are awful conservative

I have 3 dc 270 xp alts and 12 xs d1400 and unless im playing a test tone i can leave it up.. any music all the time.. thats what i built it for .. andi got 3 alts.. not 8... not sure where you get your numbers from but they are awful conservative
3 times 270= 810 amps looks like your well short and falling into using alot of battery to be using it all the time....What does the little orange paper say that comes with the cells? Why does it say what it does?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.