Need a 12" sub to compliment a 3 way active front.

Alaskan_awd
10+ year member

Alaska
Hey guys,

I am looking for an SQ sub that will compliment my front soundstage.

I will be building a sealed enclosure and have UP TO 2ft^3 to work with. My focus is SQ over SPL but I do want to be able to turn her up every now and then.

I have been reading allot about the IDQ and ID MAX, my concern is that the IDQ won't get loud enough or hit hard enough for me at times when I want to turn her up. (how do these 2 compare?).

In my last car I had a TC3000 getting about 1100w rms, I don't need something that gets quite that loud.

I will be pairing it to a Soundstream Reference amp to match the amps for my front sound stage, I do not have the amp yet though so power is flexible up to 1kw.

Budget is

how about my 12w6v2 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'd go IDMax if you want the ability the get a bit louder. Though from what I've read, those IDQ are real nice SQ subs

how about my 12w6v2 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I'd go IDMax if you want the ability the get a bit louder. Though from what I've read, those IDQ are real nice SQ subs

JL is nice, no one will argue that, but I'm one of those weirdoes that likes to run something that not every other person has (up here in AK at least) lol.

I guess I need a little perspective, that TC3000 I had was a beast, what is the output of it compared to a IDQ & IDMAX? Basically I don't want to turn it up too much and hear the IDQ bottoming, I usually go overkill and dial everything down so it's all running on the safe side.

You could also hit up hispls or SPLaudio and see if they can build you something real nice. Don't know what your budget is, but I'm sure if you want it, they can build it.

Idmax is nice or jbl gti
That JBL sounds like a nice driver also but it is pretty big. I think at this point I am leaning towards the ID Max, it's 10lbs lighter than the GTI (shipping to AK is $$$) and has much more output than the IDQ.

^^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^^^^
I will PM you when I am ready, I am planning this out a little farther then I intended, I plan on getting my front stage installed before I order the subwoofer.

I am slowly getting this system put together but I'll get there eventually lol.

I have the speakers & ms-8, the soundstream amps are on the way, next will be wire and sound deadening, then subwoofer.

If you want a subwoofer that almost no one uses, consider ScanSpeak Discovery 4ohm SVC subwoofers from madisound.com. These are "made in Europe" clones of Peerless XXLS (itself an excellent SQ sub). Peerless XXLS subwoofers have very good reputation, so the ScanSpeak "edition" should be even better. ScanSpeak itself is a high end brand, so its almost guaranteed that any of their products performs admirably. These subs have probably ~300watt power handling limit if the excursion is not to exceed xmax in the lows, but their sensitivity is pretty good. 1.5 sealed box for the 12 inch version.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.