need 4 channel amp for Focal K2 165 KRC

Participant count
  • Participant list
The owner manual says the amp's max wattage should be the speakers RMS (80).  Suggestions please.  $400 max on the amp; not rich; Crutchfield had'em for $299 a pair last month.
Gonna update you on power on whats good and whats bad.  A lot more power than needed is always good because with a weaker amp, when you turn it up and it runs out of juice, its going to clip the signal and produce dirty distorted power which damages your speakers and shortens the life of your amp.  However with a much more powerful amp, you will have overall better sound quality in the details, midbass etc.. along with less distortion due to the amp never heating up nor reaching its limits, your signal is always clean and your speakers are much healthier.  Just because you have 150 rms per channel does not mean you are using all 150 watts rms, a lot will be headroom just in case the music calls upon it, your speakers will be overall a lot safer along with your amp being a lot cooler barely lifting a finger vs working at 120% capacity and overheating. some things affect the power your speaker see, your head unit volume, your amp gain settings and your speaker level settings which all affect the pre-out voltage, you can set it for around 80 watts rms no problem.  

A pioneer gm 8704 would do fine for your needs the old generation tested very clean power around 125 rms per channel.

Two fitty for this one. W series....it'll push out 175x4 into 2 ohms.  Yes Jeff, I'm posting more pics of my amps lol

https://www.wolframaudio.com/collections/amplifiers/products/w-125-4

067.jpg

069.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.