nd help rewiring frt spkrs

Participant count
  • Participant list

monty1094

i had mb quarts dr spkrs w/ external x overs in the trunk.Got some new focals to replace them with,the focals have an internal xover.I thoght this would be easy,but Im having problems.I removed the old x overs.So now im looking at 4wires in the speaker opening,red,green,white,black,on both doors.I spliced and connected white and green to pos and neg coming directly from 4 channell amp to the left and right front speakers and taped the black and red up seperately.I had good sound from both before i screwed them in and re attached the door panel.after ten minutes or so the left channell went out completely and the rgt was fine.i was hoping taking the door panel off would simply reaveal a dislodged connector to the speaker itself, but no such luck not sure what to try next.THIIS CANT BE THAT HARD,CAN IT!!!!!ANY IDEAS ANYONE?

Man..after so many years of different cars and wiring,I have always saved myself a headache, and time/troubling issues, and bite the bullet, and run new speaker wire,to know exactly what wire goes to what , and having not to second guess.It will sound better than the existing wiring, and is trouble free one completed IMO.Yet kind of sounds like your poss connection on the speaker may be grounding out to the door also?The new speaker larger than the existing??

Man..after so many years of different cars and wiring,I have always saved myself a headache, and time/troubling issues, and bite the bullet, and run new speaker wire,to know exactly what wire goes to what , and having not to second guess.It will sound better than the existing wiring, and is trouble free one completed IMO.Yet kind of sounds like your poss connection on the speaker may be grounding out to the door also?The new speaker larger than the existing??
this. just run new wires. it may take awhile but it's well worth it in the end

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.