NBS (01-06) Tahoe sub box with third row - box ideas

sshoe
10+ year member

So I'm buying a Tahoe soon and I have my system pretty much planned out except for my subs and box. I have a set of Infinity Kappa 6.5s for front doors, 5.25s for rear doors, and 3.25s for rear pillar. I also have a 2 MB Quart ONX1.1600D and a MB Quart 4.80 as well with all the RCAs, 0-gauge, and 12 gauge I need. I am going to do the big 3 as well as battery(s) and alternator but I need help on a box design. It will have a third row for sure but not sure if it will have second row captain or bench but either way I will find somewhere to mount the amps.

Does anybody have dimensions/pics of their boxes behind the third row of a Tahoe, Denali, or Escalade?

I've seen pics of boxes before but I was hoping someone can tell me the dimensions of theirs and how it sounds. I am most interested in going with 2 12s though. I am probably going to go with these subs that are a brand called POPS from Chicago. Also, I know someone who had 2 SA12s in a Tahoe behind the third row but there was way too much rattle from being rear facing and so close to the hatch. Anybody have experience with foward facing enclosures in an SUV?

Most take out the last row of seats when they do enclosures. I can look through our data and see if I can find the dims for them, I know I have em some where we do a lot of those trucks here.

Just get a suburban same gas mileage and you can run a single 18 behind the third row I was doing 48's from behind the third row.
Do the tahoes and suburbans have different stuff under the hood or is it mainly just the extra space?

And amps can go under second row seats out of sight!
Indeed.

I'm trying to fit 2 AQ 3500D's and a AQ 100.4 under there... not looking good though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

There is a lot of room under there but not that much haha

Indeed.
I'm trying to fit 2 AQ 3500D's and a AQ 100.4 under there... not looking good though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

There is a lot of room under there but not that much haha
Raise the seat with spacers to accomodate the amps...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The GF doesnt like the Suburban, I sold my Denali XL cause she said it was too long and got a Mercedes ML430 which now is too small Haha

I need the 3rd row because I like to pack friends in family in on road trips but dont want to have to take the subs out each time i put the seats in. I love my music loud, especially on long road trips!

Raise the seat with spacers to accomodate the amps...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Owner said no go on that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

The GF doesnt like the Suburban, I sold my Denali XL cause she said it was too long and got a Mercedes ML430 which now is too small Haha
I need the 3rd row because I like to pack friends in family in on road trips but dont want to have to take the subs out each time i put the seats in. I love my music loud, especially on long road trips!

For most we do single 12" setups back there so there is still room to work with for luggage and such. Amps normally end up under the 2nd row seat.

I am hoping to do 2 12s, probably sealed because of space and probably front facing so less rattle. I dont need to worry about luggage space, have roof rack and I can always get one of those luggage carriers that goes on the hitch.

How much clearance under the seats? Can you do a pair of 3500's on the floor and then put the 4 channel attached to the seat itself?
this is for show..so that means tons of glass work every where...that means I need clearance for that..and no mounting amps into/onto seats. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.